HD brows-why so popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viv1977

Reaction score
I had HD brows done yesterday was really looking forward to having them done as the looked an amazing but I have to say I feel pretty let down by them, fair enough they are tinted darker but shape and look wise they are not much difference considering what I paid, why are they so popular?

I'm not sure about these really. Can't you get the same result from tinting, waxing/threading and brow pencil??

It sounds to me like the same look can be achieved for a much more affordable price than is being charged by this company!

They do seem to be a very fashionable company at the moment.

Xx

HD brows is a 7 step procedure... Costs a £1000 for training and each therapist has to sign to say they will charge a minimum of £25 per treatment.... I have to agree. Unless you have lots of eyebrow hair (unlike me) I think it's very hard to achieve a good result. I was quite disappointed too.
Was you told to grow your hair out? X

That's all it is tint,threading and waxing then she just filled in filled in with pencil, I just felt like I was missing something

Really is the training that much? She said I need at least 3 week worth of growth which I had but just feel disappointed

If that's all it is, then I have unknowingly been carrying out this treatment for years!

The pricing seems outrageous! There are other ways of learning this skill!

When I had mine down I bought some grow baby grow by HD and I must admit it really worked! But my eyebrows will never be that hairy, so I've never had them done since. I do however use the HD palette to powder on my brows every day and have a tint every now and then.
Yes training is £1000 - I have heard recently on a course that it was the best training the girls had ever had.... Can't justify the money myself. It would take a while to earn it back! Looking at doing lash perfects version... Brow perfect! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394319186.705920.jpg

Only thing I noticed she did different to my normal lady was she didn't use the lollipop stick things for the Waxing she used little sticks like you use on nails, also measuring the brow shape out, but can't say I see a different to my brow shape lol

Do you have a before and after photo? In most cases HD Brows can take a few treatments to reach the desired shape x

I have had HD brows done several times. There are great, good and not so good hd stylists. Some can make a stunning difference. Others don't... I think HD should mystery shop some...

I'd say don't give up on hd brows, they can make a real difference. Just try a different stylist.

I have before photo haven't taken after

Here is my before and after ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394359038.234776.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394359051.867542.jpg

Are you sure it was genuine HD Brows? As a HD Brow stylist myself, I can't really see much difference has been made other than tinting.

Viv, I would question the salon as to whether or not they are actually HD brows. Did they use HD Brow products? IMO there isn't much difference at all and although I can see that you would still need to grow your eyebrows back in some places, there isn't any of the definition there that you would get with a HD treatment.
If the therapist is genuinely HD trained then I would contact HD with those pictures as they wouldn't be happy with you leaving the salon with you brows like that. They would offer her support and extra training if needed to ensure she is confident at performing the treatment.
Some clients will never achieve a full HD if their brows don't grow, are over plucked. But as a therapist you have to be honest with a client. I personally would perform a tint and wax and send the client away with grow baby grow product to see if we can get them to grow. If not, then for some HD isn't worth it. These are some HD brows that I have done recently and as you can see there is a big difference between the pics above of yours.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394360792.529233.jpg

Hun I totally agree with dinky. I'm an HD Brow stylist and I would never let my client leave the salon like that. Those are not HD Brows. And if the HD trainers saw them, they wouldn't be happy. This is what gives HD Brows a bad name.......therapists who aren't competent at the treatment or just using the HD name and doing their own thing. With a proper HD Brow treatment, you would be able to get a fab shape into your eyebrows.
I would ask to see this therapists HD training certificate, cos if she ain't got one and is claiming to do the treatment, then it's false advertising and that's not cool. Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

These do not look like HD to be, I am not trained in hd but can do a better job than that myself!

What steps did she actually do as it looks like she's definitely skipped trimming. Go to the HD website and check the salon is located on the salon finder if its not its not HD Brows you had done.

Unfortunately they aren't to HD standard, she may be new or not a HD Stylist - Best to check they're salon finder and contact HD and pass on your concerns x

Latest posts

Back