Health and Safety Exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
Hi!

I have just got a letter saying I have my Health and Safety Exam on monday. :eek:

This was origionally supposed to be in Jan and I haven't been given anything to revise from!! :sad:

Does anyone know of any websites where I can find some info?

thanks! :biggrin:

Lilli xxx

I've got mine on Monday too! As far as I'm aware, it's a multiple choice exam, should only take around 30 - 45 mins at most, and apparently it's quite straightforward, and nothing to worry about. If I were you I'd look into fire extinguishers, some info on h&s acts e.g. health & safety at work act, fire regs, manual handling regs, RIDDOR, COSHH, etc, as well as anything about salon standards/hygiene etc. If you have a course workbook/learning pack or handouts there should be something in there. I'm trying to remember what we covered in ours so apologies if I've missed something out! Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps I'm sure to have missed. I really don't think it's anything to get worked up about, just have a general read through & you should be fine! Good luck, let me know next week what you thought! xxx

i have got mine on monday as well, all we have been told is that it is multiple choice and fairly straight forward "common sense" my teacher said

hope i have some on monday

good luck you 2 as well

best wishes

Is it the vctc one? If it is, don't worry about it it's multiple choice and takes about 10 minutes and some of the questions are so silly I sat sniggering to myself at some of the answers they gave to choose from.

If this is the M2/M74 exam, if the college gave you any notes or booklets all the answers should be in there. The NVQ books and the Ecyclopedia of nails has information on this subject has well. The exams straightforward anyway its basically spot the odd one out. So don't panic! :)

Cheers guys! feel more relaxed now :)

good luck to Kitten and Pinkfizzle! let me know how you got on!

XX

I can`t tell you how I stressed over this exam, anyone who knows me knows what a mess I get in over anything like that, but I have to say its the easiest thing I`ve ever done. So much so that I honestly think it should be changed. We were given an hour and I`d finished mine before the 15 minutes of reading time, it really is just a multiple choice test which you know already because its in your package.
Don`t stress about it any more, just go out there and get it done, good luck

Took mine about 1yr ago and its really really easy. As said before just common sense stuff, I got myself muddled cos I couldnt believe it was so easy thought there must be trick questions - but there werent!!!!!

Good luck - Hugs

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back