Health and safety help.....please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs81

Reaction score
Hi peeps

I know i should search for past threads to do with this but i'm in a rush!

When i start in my little room on saturdays(4hours), what do i do about displaying health and safety stuff? What are the rules regarding health and safety i this situation?

I know you have to register when you have your own salon etc but what do you do otherwise. Surely you don't need to carry things like this around when mobile too, or do you? So confused right now with who i need to contact-don't want to be in any trouble with anyone and i want to do everything right and no short cuts.

Contact your local council they can send you out the relevant information and will come and check that you are doing everythign correct in the salon.

Check out www.hse.gov.uk for advice and leaflets. Alternatively check to see if you have a Business Link in your area, I got loads of info from them.

You need a written health & safety policy if you employ more than 5 people.

There are many regulations that don't apply if you work from home, but it helps to see the kind of thing that goes into a health & safety policy, risk assessment etc. so you can ensure you've thought of everything to keep your clients safe.

I would think you also need to be aware of COSHH regs, espec if clients have kids with them.

Latest posts

Back