Health & Safety

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppy2

Reaction score
Ive just about finished my health & safety assigment for for my course but im stuck on a couple of bits
The Local Government ( miscellaneous provisions) Act 1982

The rest of the acts are all in my nail technician book and ive tried Google but not got anywhere

Local Bylaws On this one im assuming i might have to call my local council to ask

Also the Industry code of practice for Hygiene in Salons. Every site i go to refers you to Habia but all it says on there is that there is one and will be available for download at a later date

Dont expect anyone to answer these for me but if someone could just point me in
the right direction for finding more info it would help

Thank
Sharen

The Local Govt act I beleive gives Councils the individual right to set their own legislation. that's why some boroughs have licensing and others don't. And then stuff like tattooing etc is covered by this, the Local Councils issue the licence.

The Local Government ( miscellaneous provisions) Act 1982

Requires persons and premises that carry out tattooing, ear piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture to be registered with their local authority.

Local Bylaws On this one im assuming i might have to call my local council to ask

Yes, each district is different, some (mine in particular) don't have any set Local Bylaws for Nail Technicans.

Also the Industry code of practice for Hygiene in Salons.

It is important to comply to prevent the salon, staff, clients from any cross contamination/infection of any kind.

Some ways in which you can comply:-
Keep work area clean and tidy at all times.
Keep w/c and washroom fresh and clean.
Sterilise and clean any equipment used.
use disinfectants and anticeptics (if object cannot be sterilised it should be disinfected).
Follow all Health and Safety Policies for the workplace.
Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
Always cover any cuts on the hands.
Where ever possible use disposable products.
Clean gowns and towels should be provided for each client.
Hazadous waste must be disposed of following the COSHH proceedures.

Hope this has been of help?

:hug:

Great
Thanks for that a great help
I love this site so many friendly people
Hope i can help someone out one day

Thanks for asking this questtion, it has also helped me for my course too!

Latest posts

Back