Heart nail art just isn't right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
I'm off out tonight and really want this type of nail art. But I want a colour not just the tips. When I go to tidy up my heart the base polish comes off :-(

I usually use shellac but I want specific colour so am using polish.

Am I being totally thick and forgetting something x

Sorry here's a picture of what I love xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352548154.307976.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352548154.307976.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 300
Maybe use Shellac as your base colour (use mica/eyeshadow/additives/layering to create a specific colour) then polish for the heart tips? That way you can tidy the lines without the base colour coming off.

Or, use a striping brush to create the shape of the heart and "fill it in" with the desired colour. I think we've been spoilt by the fact that we can play about with Shellac... that's quite an easy shape to create with a normal polish brush and a little practise would go a long way.

xxx

I agree, but I would do the whole nail in Shellac (if you have these products), then you can tidy the lines up to your hearts (lol) content without the worry of removing the base colour.
x

Right here goes..... I never get a chance to do my own and I have a quiet day so I'm going out glam! X

Show us a pic when you're done :)

xxx

Pics please! I love looking at new stuff! xxx

Aw I'm rubbish. I went with polish! They are not good :-(

Ill keep practising! I think the gel nails made it harder to paint. A good friend has been practising on me. I had to file them down bless her but from a distance they look ok x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558633.451507.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558633.451507.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,033

Latest posts

Back