Heat spike

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
Encountered a problem today. Had client who requested infills on NSS acrylics. Only had my Brisa lite products with me but I understand its ok to infil with Brisa lite on acrylic (she has enhancements painted so no colour match issues). Anyway, she suffered bad heat spike and yes I have the CND lamp. I am assuming this is because of NSS electric filing of natural nail but this part of nail is covered by acrylic. There was some redness around old cuticle line, I assume from filing. How would I explain the heat spike to client without her thinking my products/lamp are rubbish.

Another reason an exothermic reaction (heat spike) can occur is if the product is been applied to thickly!

Nope that wasn't the reason as I also tried a thin layer on first after first hand had problem. Although I agree that this can be the reason for this issue.

If her nail plate is thin and very damaged which I assume it will be they this could be the issue although it could be the NSS acrylic? Maby a chemical reaction?

I'm assuming it is because of damage done to her nails at previous salon but I felt awful.

All gels have a certain amount of heat spike. Feeling it depends allot on the condition of the nails and the thickness of them as well as the amount of gel you apply at one time. The general temperature in the room can affect the severity of the heat spike as well.

There are many different factors to take into consideration before application which is why I always apply gel to a new client in at least 2 layers rather than going for it in one.

Pain should not be a part of any nail service ever in my opinion so I don't take chances;I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Thanks very much for the advice - I will make sure I am careful to start with two layers for new clients in future, especially those with damaged nails. I have a feeling this client won't be back!

Latest posts

Back