Help! 3 Phase Electricity and sunbed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailstime

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone knows more about this than me I can't seem to find anything (that I understand) on google.

I am looking into opening a Hair and Beauty Salon the shop I have found used to be a sunbed salon and has three phase electricity. What does this mean? I know its best to have with some sunbeds or even needed with some sunbeds but does this mean I wont be able to use my hairdressing equipment with it or will that just be used for the sunbeds? Does it cost more to run? Any knowledge on this will help me so much

Thank you in advance x

Your best bet is to call the local Electricity Company who will be able to answer everything for you. I assume it is considered two circuits - so the building will have a 3 phase and standard 13amp supply.

Hi, I am in the process myself of opening a large sunbed studio. All 3 phase means is that your wiring will take a bigger load and will not keep tripping out or burn out. It will have 3 fuses at 100amp each (thats the usual) so basically it will take 3x more power load than a single phase. Its safer for you and there is no difference on bills. Shop around for best electricity prices tho as its about to go up again and its worth shopping around. Also think about the bulbs you have in your lighting, you will be surprised how much you can save each year just on the type of bulbs you use.
Hope this helps explain

Hi, what are the best bulbs to have in ur sunbed as I need new ones and there is so many to choose from? And how much thx

Hi, what are the best bulbs to have in ur sunbed as I need new ones and there is so many to choose from? And how much thx

It depends on which sunbed you have, its a minefield and it also depends on the type of client and the average minutes they spend. You can buy tubes that you will get 500 hours out of and you can get tubes you will get 1500 hours out of, you can also get tubes now that are guarenteed not to burn anyone which enables them to lie there longer and be safe, depends how you premote your machine. I guess I have just confused you even more lol.

x x

All electrical equipment must comply with the General Product Safety Regulations 2005. You need to ensure that the sunbed is 0.3 compliant. If it's not then its deemed as unsafe. Having a phase 3 equipment allows your clients peace of mind to know that the sunbed output will be the compared to mediterranean sun level at mid day.
The reason of having a 0.3 equipment allows higher voltage output just for the sunbeds, as they pull alot of energy. Rather than your own lights becoming dim, hope this makes sense good luck xoxo

Latest posts

Back