HELP!!! Airbrush French Manicure wearing off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I need a little help with my airbrushed French technique. My nail enhancement clients that do not have a pink and white rebalance (backfill) sometimes ask for a painted French manicure so I have started to airbrush it on (the clients like the crisp white smile line that it gives).
Now that is fine but my clients have said that it only lasts 2-3 days before it wears away at the ends. I have been using media airbrush paints and topcoat and have been careful to seal the ends. (the paints are from the essential nails airbrush coarse kit)
Any ideas where i'm going wrong? I would hate to go back to the 'painted polish' version!!!
I really need some help on this:confused:
Thanks in advance
Amanda​

When airbrushing a french - first you need to make sure the nail is free from any oils - I Scrubfresh (or equivalent) first, then apply my basecoat - I use Stickey - then airbrush the white - several passes of thin layers rather than a wet lot LOL. Then I apply one coat of Airbrush Topcoat very carefully so as not to drag the paint. Then I apply another top coat - I use Super Shiney.

For clients who are particularly hard on their hands, you could advise them to re-apply a topcoat every couple of days - good retail opportunity LOL.

If you are doing it differently then let us know and we might be able to highlight any potential problem areas.

Thanks Fiona,
I think I do everything the same but with different products (i use the media airbrush topcoat), I will try again but try to be more careful with the 'thin layers of paint'.
How long would you generally expect an airbrush french to last on artificial nails? and how long on natural?
Thanks again
Amanda

Hi.... not that I have used my airbrush for ..er.....ages!:o But I have used a UV gel topcoat (Interactive) over a french polish I did once.... and was brill. When it cures it leaves no sticky layer.. just shine! I love it.

Amanda said:
Thanks Fiona,
I think I do everything the same but with different products (i use the media airbrush topcoat), I will try again but try to be more careful with the 'thin layers of paint'.
How long would you generally expect an airbrush french to last on artificial nails? and how long on natural?
Thanks again
Amanda

It does very much depend on the client but most of my enhancement clients come back after 2 weeks with almost perfect designs. On natural nail clients most would be changing their varnish after about a week although some come with it still almost intact after 2.

Hi Amanda,

I must use my airbrush on nearly all of my clients from simple french to two/three different colours at a time for different effects.. My clients love it, cos they can change designs if they want to each time..

I use the paints from Millennium Nails, they have loads to choose from and I find them very good.. I then use O.P.I. Rapid Dry Topcoat, I have never found a topcoat as good..

Hope this is of use to you amanda

Cheers and Good Luck
Lesley

I had airbrush french once and was told that it would only last in its perfect state a few days as things such as washing up and general daily task wear away the layers... which is to be expected! I was told to wear gloves and apply a layer of varnish to try and keep it longer...

[/quote]i agree that a client using a top coat every other day definately makes the airbrush or nail art look fresh and glossy

remember to always seal ends also with your top.Good luk.:cool: :cool: Nail2heart.

Latest posts

Back