Help! Am I being treated unfairly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a male boss years ago that used to open all my mail and It drove me mad, Until one day I decided to get my own back and as he was a really prudish I ordered stuff off Anne Summers and had it shipped to the office, needless to say after opening that package he never opened any of mail again!
That's brill

You are self employed she can not state when you work or this then states that your employed!
However if she shut the salon for a week over Christmas and wouldn't let you in to work (if you wanted to) then I wouldn't be paying rent for that week.

Some people wind me up just cause they have a set of keys they think there all high n mighty

How do u upload a pic to this forum its saying the option is disabled ? I've got some pics for you guys !! Thanks a lot for all of your help and to answer your Q 's yea she expects her nails done aswell as me paying rent and what I.meant by entitled to a holiday is a week without paying ? But I take that as a no ? And also I forgot to mention the fact that I'm paying the amount for a space in the center of town , for an out of town spot.in a dead area with no chance of walk ins , people that book in struggle to even find it , and doesent paying rent cover the cost of her removing my rubbish ?? I'm only a nail tech there.isn't much yet I have to take.it home.on the buss with me ! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

How do u upload a pic to this forum its saying the option is disabled ? I've got some pics for you guys !! Thanks a lot for all of your help and to answer your Q 's yea she expects her nails done aswell as me paying rent and what I.meant by entitled to a holiday is a week without paying ? But I take that as a no ? And also I forgot to mention the fact that I'm paying the amount for a space in the center of town , for an out of town spot.in a dead area with no chance of walk ins , people that book in struggle to even find it , and doesent paying rent cover the cost of her removing my rubbish ?? I'm only a nail tech there.isn't much yet I have to take.it home.on the buss with me ! Xxx

No your not entitled to a week rent free, and with the rubbish, it depends on your contract. Mine has my rent as an amount and a service charge as an amount separate which includes things like electric, water, rubbish etc... And with it being part of an apartment complex includes the cost of the cleaner for communal hallways, caretaker for the grounds and parking enforcement to clamp anyone who is parking wrongly (that includes us, and we have called a few times about residents parking in our space a few times although our space has no reg listed for it incase a clients ways to use it) xoxo

yep you are being treated unfairly but you need to exert your professionalism on this boss...

...the 1st room I had I decorated and kitted out with my NEW kit, I locked it on my 1st day, that night the girls on reception unlocked it and used a polish! So IMMEDIATELY I told them, don't touch my stuff, I'll do you half price treatments but please don't touch it. Never had a problem with people touching my stuff again.

...then I had a man speak to me about booking his wife in for makeup, but left it that he would call back. Never booked it and I got busy. Two weeks later I was full and the wife turned up....another receptionist had mucked up my book, she then 'compensated' the client by giving them some hair stock and telling me at the end of the day that I was to pay the salon back...ER NO! I told her I wasn't doing that and to leave my book alone!...

....if you are doing her nails every week I'd expect a blow dry every week...so I'd tell her that....don't let troubles build up...

yep you are being treated unfairly but you need to exert your professionalism on this boss...

...the 1st room I had I decorated and kitted out with my NEW kit, I locked it on my 1st day, that night the girls on reception unlocked it and used a polish! So IMMEDIATELY I told them, don't touch my stuff, I'll do you half price treatments but please don't touch it. Never had a problem with people touching my stuff again.

...then I had a man speak to me about booking his wife in for makeup, but left it that he would call back. Never booked it and I got busy. Two weeks later I was full and the wife turned up....another receptionist had mucked up my book, she then 'compensated' the client by giving them some hair stock and telling me at the end of the day that I was to pay the salon back...ER NO! I told her I wasn't doing that and to leave my book alone!...

....if you are doing her nails every week I'd expect a blow dry every week...so I'd tell her that....don't let troubles build up...

We agreed shed cut and dye when I.asked, she doesnt . I'm just going to leave after today when she told me she wasn't goin to turn up as she was 'ill' and if I could please say sorry to all her clients that had booked In (when tthey turn Upto there app) for her , I thought this was absolutely disgusting and told her to sort it out before they arrive like any normal person would. She's making me look as unprofessional aswell as her self and the rank salon is making me look bad (we have black spot mold and damp etc) so yeah I think its unfixable here

Glad you've made that choice. It's the best thing I ever did!

Just am update guys , I've found somewhere to rent as my own salon you wouldnt believe this but it's only £60 a week all bills n shop rates included ,its an isolated part of another building with its own enterance and windows etc), the size is perfect for what I need 2 beauty rooms and a reception/ nails area. This way I. Can work all week n rent out to. Hair dresser N beauty therApist and everyones laughing. Just need to.secure it with them now xx

Oh we'll done for finding somewhere glad you got sorted.

Latest posts

Back