help and advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabrina1

Reaction score
I did my creative foundation course three years ago, and for a while I practiced on a few friends and family. But due to financial reasons I was unable to give up my job and concertrate on nails full time. I found it difficult working long shifts and trying to fit people in, so decided to concerntrate on my career I was already doing. Last year I left work to look after my little boy and 2 months ago I decided that nails and beauty is what I really wanted to do, so I put out leaflets and asked friends and family to have their nails done. I also did a beauty course. I had little feed back from the leaflets and family and friends that had their nails done only did it for a favour, most of them don't like them for work and others have already got their own long nails, plus the fact that it takes around 3 hours to do them I think puts them off.
I have lots of time to practice as I am at home with my baby and if needed my family and partner look afer him. But I'm not sure where to turn or what to do. I feel like I could do with a bit of a brush up on my skills but really can't afford to do any more courses or even the one to one tutorials that creative do.
Please help.

If you can travel Leeds creative do monday mentoring classes ( its free ) about every 2 months
the next one is 20th august hth

thabk you but I live in essex.

What about using a practice hand you can pick them up on ebay and sometimes here on geekbay, I would not be without mine, then you can practice as much and as often as you like, the gina wallace site sells accessories for the trainer.

I'm sure the Essex Geeks often have a meet up....look out for a thread on here about it.

If I were you I'd really consider taking a 121 with an educator in your area to help you brush up on you skills....and there are loads of tutorials on here that will help you out....go to Navigation and scroll down to tutorials...

You've been out of the game for a while now, so it will take some time, practice and experience to help you brush up your skills and get your timings down...don't beat yourself up about it, if you have the passion you'll get where you want to be xxx

I agree that the nail trainer would help you enormously. A very good investment in your future. No pressure, you can do one perfect nail at a time.
You can sometimes get them 2nd hand or Creative main distributor 0113 275 5719 sells them as well as Essential Nails. They are manufactured in the UK so to buy from Gina Wallace in the USA would be a bit silly in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back