Help and advice please re: Greenie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helbels

Reaction score
Hello all

I did some NNOs with gel last week on a client, and one of her nails she said "always grows funny and tends to split". It was a lot shorter than the others, so I sculpted it, just to bring it up to the same length as the others.

Anyway, it's now developed a greenie - I know I was very careful with my sanitiser, so I am guessing this nail has not reacted well to the enhancement and that water has somehow gotten in despite my best efforts.

I feel really mortified and quite scared by this - the thing is, I can't take her overlays off until Monday and I'm worried its going to get miles worse over the weekend and keep growing! How fast do Greenies grow - is it likely to go black and horrid in the space of 3 days?

Also, I read that it's ok to gently file a greenie with a 240 grit once u have sanitised it? Is this true?

I feel so bad, like I have damaged her nails, even though my prep was thorough. It's even worse because its the first time she's ever had overlays or enhancements of any kind.

Can anyone provide any reassurance?

A worried Helen

Hi Helen this is a bactirial infection don't worry it's basicaly mould, but you must remove the product ,You must treat this before it turns to fungus.
File of the green with a natural nails file disinfect with a hand disinfectant and dehydrate and ph balance the nail with you dehydrator. A slight shadow might stay but will grow out as the nail grows.

You can then apply the gel/ Acrylic again

Hope this helps:)

What you are describing is a bacterial infection. It is not mould nor is it fungus.

Remove it as soon as possible, clean the nail plate with scrubfresh (sanitiser)

You can buff the nail lightly to reduce the staining and after normal prep reapply the enhancement. Dispose of abrasives used on that nail. HTH

Have a read of this by the Geek himself
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html

Last edited:
the green stain is bacteria poo...:lol:...it will grow out in time.

It may be that this nail has had some sort of damage done to it at the matrix, I have the same with one of my big toes, it has a split up the centre all the time and always peels. It was possibly very difficult for you to cleanse and de-hydrate the whole nail, there may have been a little part missed due to the condition of the nail.

Once you have resolved this greenie it might be one of those nails that is always a bit of a pain or once you've got your good 'seal' on the nail with your gel it will continue to grow fine.

Latest posts

Back