Help...assignment question!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen1989cuttie

Reaction score
hiya peeps i really need help.......im currently studying hairdressing now and there giving us wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many assigments anyway i need help on a question, ive tried searching but i cant find anything................. the question is::::::

EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF REMOVING ALL PRODUCT BUILD UP ON THE HAIR BEFORE CARRYING OUT THE NEXT SERVICE.

please help and.....

good luck..!!!!!!

x x x

hiya peeps i really need help.......im currently studying hairdressing now and there giving us wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many assigments anyway i need help on a question, ive tried searching but i cant find anything................. the question is::::::

EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF REMOVING ALL PRODUCT BUILD UP ON THE HAIR BEFORE CARRYING OUT THE NEXT SERVICE.

please help and.....

good luck..!!!!!!

x x x

Google it hun, I did and found the answer :hug:

if ya dont remove all product build up, hair colours may not take, perms may not take, certian ingredients may react or be incompatible and cause irrepairable damage to hair, and also it may jus make hair lank and greasy looking when it comes to blow dry. . x

I'm not a hair geek, but I am guessing (from common sense and a background in Chemistry) that this is so that there is no chance of the new product applied to the hair reacting adversely with any existing products that may already be on the hair.

e.g. if performing a colouring treatment, but the client already has a product on the hair (such as a styling treatment containing silicones) then this may result in the existing product residue stopping the colour from penetrating the hair shaft as well, causing the colour not to "take" as expected and giving a disappointing result to the client.

Or worse - if the hair is not thoroughly washed and rinsed following a colour treatment, then there is a risk of product remaining on the hair, where it could penetrate the scalp (risking an allergic reaction) - or if it's raining and the client walks out of the salon without an umbrella, then the hair dye residue may even run into their eyes, which could at the very least cause discomfort for the client - and at worst be very dangerous and risk blindness!

Hello Jen and welcome to the site :hug:

That said this is a professional forum and therefore you should receive only professional advise. Mine is,the best way to get this info to sink in is to search for it,be it on here ,google or your text book :D We are here to help and advise,but wit the greatest of respects,it wouldn't be right to give you the answers to your work,however once you have found the info,please feel free to ask if you want help further understanding or some clarification.

I look forward to reading your posts and following your progression through your course !

Latest posts

Back