Help! Client is swimming instructor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theperfectten

Reaction score
I've had a query from a swimming instructor wanting acrylic or gel nail extensions, I'm not entirely sure what to advise as I've never come across this before!

Hi

Well If I was in your shoes I would advise a buff off gel, something that isn't porous for the chlorine to get into which may start to cause problems.

Thats what I would do.

I am sure some of 'higher' tech can help you further

shouldn't be a problem at all with either system...

I would strongly urge you to do her nails before work, or on her day off - if she has been in the water for a large part of the day her nails will be swollen and the product will set to this shape - then when they dry out you will get lifting.

she will also need to be thorough with her aftercare (use of solar oil) to help keep the dehydration effect of the water to a minimum..

otherwise I don't see any issue..

hth's

You may be worrying unnecessarily as most swimming instructors I know do not actually get into the pool regularly - they teach from the pool-side only. hth

One of my collegues is a swimming instructor AND a hairdresser!! What a combination lol but I apply Brisa gel for her which is a buff off gel and she just went 5 weeks between rebalances and there was no lifting at all :D

Thanks for all your help.... taken on board and will hopefully get her sorted!

Latest posts

Back