Help!! College assignment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amore Hair

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a college assignment and thought id be fine with it, 5 months into the sourse i thought even id of grasped teh basic knowledge!!

The way we have been tought so far is that the texture of the strand refers to the individual strand on the head, so fine medium and thick is referring t othe hair strand itself fine hair smaller cortex possibly no medulla medium hair medulla cortexand cuticle and the thicker strands medulla cortex and possible more cuticle overlpping or larger cortex. Then the density of teh hair referrs to the amount of hair on the clients head - not very dense - not alot of hair extreamly dense hair - very little visual signs of scalp through the hair?

Im now researching for my assignment and from what iv been tought and learnt in the tecxt book to what im reading on the net iv got it wrong?

Please guys, im not asking for answers, ( i would never do that, i want to learn and i want to be good in my industry, i just want to get it right!!) just some guidance and possibly clarification on how you would explain the differeces?

Hopefully ive explained what i mean so you all understand!! Thanks in advance. xx

Hi guys, got a college assignment and thought id be fine with it, 5 months into the sourse i thought even id of grasped teh basic knowledge!!

The way we have been tought so far is that the texture of the strand refers to the individual strand on the head, so fine medium and thick is referring t othe hair strand itself fine hair smaller cortex possibly no medulla medium hair medulla cortexand cuticle and the thicker strands medulla cortex and possible more cuticle overlpping or larger cortex. Then the density of teh hair referrs to the amount of hair on the clients head - not very dense - not alot of hair extreamly dense hair - very little visual signs of scalp through the hair?

Im now researching for my assignment and from what iv been tought and learnt in the tecxt book to what im reading on the net iv got it wrong?

Please guys, im not asking for answers, ( i would never do that, i want to learn and i want to be good in my industry, i just want to get it right!!) just some guidance and possibly clarification on how you would explain the differeces?

Hopefully ive explained what i mean so you all understand!! Thanks in advance. xx

hair texture - thickness of the individual strand
hair density - amount of hair

not sure about the larger cortex or overlapping cuticle or medulla or no medulla though...but basically yeah, what youve written is right, maybe youre slightly overcomplicating it which is why youre reading things differently...the internet is full of rubbish though, dont believe everything you read :)

(I am currently training) We were taught:

1. medulla may or may not be present... no reason found for this

2. texture: how many cuticle layers affect how coarse it is (also can relate to race ie: caucasion, afro, asian hair):
4-7 layers - fine
7-11 layers - medium
11+ layers - coarse

3. density: thickness of hair:
sparse
normal
abundant

Hope this helps, by all means ask any other questions!

(I am currently training) We were taught:

1. medulla may or may not be present... no reason found for this

2. texture: how many cuticle layers affect how coarse it is (also can relate to race ie: caucasion, afro, asian hair):
4-7 layers - fine
7-11 layers - medium
11+ layers - coarse

3. density: thickness of hair:
sparse
normal
abundant

Hope this helps, by all means ask any other questions!

Oh never knew about the layers!

This proves 2 things! First of all, theory taught in my college was rubbish (I spent hours with technical manuals learning myself) and that qualified hairdressers can still learn from trainees... Never doubted either though lol

Thanks for that!

Oh never knew about the layers!

This proves 2 things! First of all, theory taught in my college was rubbish (I spent hours with technical manuals learning myself) and that qualified hairdressers can still learn from trainees... Never doubted either though lol

Thanks for that!

Wow me neither, every days a school day!! X

Thanks so much for teh replys!! so i am on the correct track!! its such a big assignment and just at teh start i panicked a litle that if i get the start wrong its not going to be right at all!!

Thank you for teh help.....think ill stick with my text books and tutors knowledge and only the advise recieevd from pro's like your selves, you just dont know where some of these "Advisory" websites get it from!!

Thanks for taking your time to assist me, especially as a not yet qualified geek, i really do appreciate it. xxx

Glad to help, still learning lots myself!

Latest posts

Back