Help - Colour Touch Semi not washing out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muppet772

Reaction score
To all hair geeks,

I am a beauty therapist who needs some hair advice. Last October I had a colour touch semi permanent (red tone) done on my hair with 4% vol.

It is now May and the colour still has not washed out. I have massive roots and ideally want to go back to my natural colour. I do get the red tint left on towels after I have washed it.

Is there any products out there that would help get rid of the colour? Or am I going to need to get a new colour done or get it cut out?

Please help​

Hi, semi permanents don't wash out they just fade but never go completely...I think technically colour touch is a quasi colour but that's neither here nor there....to go back to your natural colour I would suggest seeing a hairdresser and getting them to use another semi, but one that is close to your natural colour...it all depends on how much the colour has faded to wether they would need to do any thing else...best to go and see someone really x

Have just done a foundation course with Wella last week and was told that colour touch is a semi and will wash out in 15 washes.
I just put a red col touch in my 16 year old (she has wanted it for ages) and I honestly should have realised that with 4% it was going to take a better grip on her hair. If it was a client I would have been a lot more cautious. Looks like she gonna be stuck with it for ages now :irked:

Have just done a foundation course with Wella last week and was told that colour touch is a semi and will wash out in 15 washes.
I just put a red col touch in my 16 year old (she has wanted it for ages) and I honestly should have realised that with 4% it was going to take a better grip on her hair. If it was a client I would have been a lot more cautious. Looks like she gonna be stuck with it for ages now :irked:

I thought colour fresh was a semi and colour touch was a quasi as it is mixed with peroxide?
X

I thought colour fresh was a semi and colour touch was a quasi as it is mixed with peroxide?
X

Yes your right it is definitely a quasi. Put on with I think 1.9% or 4% I think it is. If 4% is used then its going to be much much much more longer lasting.

I think for someone from wella actually saying to you its exactly 15 washes is a bit odd..... Everyone's hair is different and some people use good shampoo and some people use cheap shiiiit, so it all fades out different.

I think alot of stylists refer to them as semi's though.....:rolleyes:

Ok have my notes out here:)

Perfection- water rinse 2-3 shampoos, no depth, just tone
Col Fresh- silver 6-8 shampoos and 6.5 line 8-10. no ammonia, no skin test
Col touch- semi permanent- up to 15 shampoos, blends up to 50% white
use 4% for white hair and more tone intensity
use 1.9% for toning and coverage 50% white hair
Col Touch Plus- 70% coverage on white hair
Col Touch sunlights- sun kissed look- up to 2 levels tonal lift, only apply to nat hair, use in packets for partial hi lights for schoolgirls.
Col Touch Relights- Depth only, no tone, use as tool to refresh hilights, can be used as shine service 15 washes, 5 mins at basin on preshampooed hair.

Excuse my ignorance but whats a quasi?

A quasi is halfway between a true semi and a permanent ...a true semi isn't mixed with a developer and washes out after around 10 washes as opposed to a temporary which washes out after one wash. Thet say that they wash out after 15 washed because the colour fades so much that it needs redoing...It's dumb but it'd been like that since I qualified (1998) I know on the loreal training they explainvthi in much more detail...eg...a a semi (quasi) has smal and large molecules and using a developer allows the smaller molcules to penetrate the cortex...leaving the larger ones sitting out side the cortex...these are the ones that wash out but the smaller stay so making the colour semi permanent....I would have thought that well should have explained this too :/

Latest posts

Back