Help...cracks In Biosculpture Gel!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamperedbeauty

Reaction score
Hello! I've just done a set of nails on Friday it was French manicure gel on the clients natural nails. She just called me today to tell me that there are cracks in the gel. I don't get it with any other client...what do u think it might be?

xx

Hello! I've just done a set of nails on Friday it was French manicure gel on the clients natural nails. She just called me today to tell me that there are cracks in the gel. I don't get it with any other client...what do u think it might be?

xx

is it definately in the gel and not the top coat ?

The only time i have had this with Bio was when i used a different brand topcoat/gloss gel over the top...it wasn't as flexible as the Bio and so cracked under pressure.

I too have found that using any other make of top coat apart Bio's, results in a cracked appearance on the surface of the nail.

If it is just the top coat which is cracked, remove it with nail polish remover, sanitise and re-apply Bio top coat.

Was this on the thumbs or fingers and thumbs? Usually the gel will appear cracked if the UV light does not reach the gel to cure. Either client is not placing her fingers/thumbs correctly under the lamp or your bulbs need replacing.
Hope this helps

PS to my earlier post:

Bio's aftercare leaflet actually suggests that the cause of a hairline cracking appearance is most likely to be the top coat.

BTW, we have a Bio Group on this site ... you're welcome to come join us:

http://www.salongeek.com/group.php?groupid=12

cant speak for bio, but calgel is much the same and I once had this happen on mine when I hadnt used the calcrystal topcoat, I had used another brand and it was just the top coat that had cracked.

I did use a different brand top coat. I'm going to fix it tomorrow so I'll let you know all about it!! Thank you all so much for the advice. Much appreciated.
T xx

Latest posts

Back