Help for a client please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
I have a mani client who I have been seeing fortnightly to monthly for about 6 months.

She came presenting weak nails and flake easily. Her hands were in fairly good hydrated condition. No contraindications. She is in her twenties and works as an air hostess so can be tough on them.

Generally speak her nails and cuticles were not that bad at all and i recomended regular mani's to condition nails and promote healthy growth.

My manis include file, shape, cutcile away, exfoliation, massage and for her Toughen up base coat and super shiney only as she feels when wearing colour it chips or flakes from free edge almost immeaditely.

we have tried colour a couple of times but to the same outcome.

I have retailed both Almond soothng creme and solar oil which she uses regularly.

He nails still flask at the free edge though and i dont know what else to do! I suggested more water drinking and really as a hosty she does drink plenty. No illness or medication.

Is she just prone to flaky nails? They are not even that bad but she would prefer them a little longer and to able to wear colour.

Alot of my clients generally have a flaky free egde and we find either using a coloured gel overlay (instead of polish) or using a gel sealant over the top of nail polish definately helps chipping> The sealant I use is Acry gel and I buy it from capital. As long as you tell your client to use cuticle oil regularly she wont have a problem with the condition of her natural nail. This will also make sure your client comes back regularly for infills. I hope this helps x

The best product I have ever tried for this problem is Nail Envy by OPI. I have tried a lot of different products over the years but have always come back to this one. :)

Are you and your client both using a 240 grit file when you shape? Sometimes peeling or flaking can be from using too low of a grit on the file, it separates the layers instead of sealing them like the 240 would. HTH!
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back