Help for a naive nail tech please!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Hi all this is going to sound so silly but I gotta find out the answer anyways!

When i was at college i was taught to do gel nails by applying natural tip and then using uv gel & cure.
Problem is how would you infill and rebalance? ok infill by replacing zone 3 fair enough but rebalance its not like i can replace the smileline for a natural tip? i'm stumped i have no idea!
Now ive been onto the NSI site and found NSI Balance which if I am going to use that I have no idea how to do the infill or rebalance on gel nails?
Acrylic is what I know well but gel is what is the problem.
Have looked on the tutorials but thats how i originally found out about the gel using pink and whites.

So confused please dont laugh!
Jen x

There is no smile line as such on a natural tip when doing a one colour rebalance.
Do you use natural tips when using acrylic?

There is no smile line as such on a natural tip when doing a one colour rebalance.
Do you use natural tips when using acrylic?

hiya, yes i do use natural tips when doing acrylics, mainly do pink n whites thats why im so confused!
sorry if my post sounds really silly and i know its probably something i should already know as im qualified to do it but infills and rebalance for gels wasnt covered properly.

"embarassed geek" lol xx

Maybe it would be best to get a little more training to update your skills. Why don't you go on an NSI course if you want to learn their gel system? You will get the best results from it if you know how it should be used and why.

As for the question, a natural tip and one colour overlay, be that gel or acrylic doesn't need to replace the smile line as there isn't one. Its just a natural look. You may want to try a soft white instead of a bright white then you can rebalance the way you know how to but with a more natural look. hth xx

On a natural tip it wouldnt be the smile line you are replacing it would be the apex placement that you would need to remove and replace to get the correct balance again hth

thanks everyone for your help, its just with new products coming out on the market all the time i'd be doing a course every week! lol
plus the nsi courses are in manchester and there's no way i can get there from where i am plus im also doing a hairdressing, extensions & waxing course while working in the salon so its all pretty manic!
i was trained at college on a proper course and everything but unfortunately had never heard of nsi balance until recently.
All your comments have been great you guys thank you xx

Hi

I had the same problem. I was only tought to tip and overlay and then after 3 weeks I sat with my nails thinking what know??? You need to get a hold of a natural gel or white gel and learn how to make a new smile line. There is no easy way around this. sorry

Just to add,rebalance isn't just about replacing smile lines it's about repositioning the apex,to maintain a strong balanced enhancement hth's x

Latest posts

Back