Help from Skin Geeks please re dark pigmentation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Ok...i am a nail technician NOT a skin geek and have no training or real knowledge of skin at all so would like your advice.

I know you are all going to tell me off BUT i am going to be honest with you...in my salon i used to have THREE sunbeds and at the peak of my "tan addiction" i was on the beds once in the early morning and once at night before going home.

Now i am paying the price....when i became pregnant with my son ,way back in 2009,and completely stopped the beds i notice a couple of really dark pigmentation marks right on the middle of my forehead.

After my son was born they faded SLIGHTLY....i know pregnancy can cause these and make them worse...however this one dark spot is right in the middle of my forehead.

I have been using a factor 50spf total block on it when in the sun and have completely stopped sunbeds.

I have had A LOT more of the dark pigmentation marks appear.

I have used clinique even better skin tone corrector,i have used fade out and i have used a super strength cream from ebay(god knows what i was putting on my face)....NOTHING HAS WORKED.....

I am NOW pregnant with twins and you can join the dots on my face...i am starting to look like an old woman...

What cream , brand WOULD YOU HONESTLY RECOMMEND......
What really does work....
Has anyone heard of or used MELADERM....

needless to say i learned my lesson from my sunbed obession

it sounds like hyper pigmentation .. go to your docs hun .. dont be putting god knows what on yourself especially if you are pregnant xx

yeah i thought that was pretty much what it is...
And i know its all sunbed abuse...with a few hormones for good measure....

Youre gonna need to be realistic and know that its not going to be easy!

Pigmentation is the most difficult skin condition to treat.
You cant get 'rid' of it once its there, you can fade and brighten the skin so that it looks as though its gone, however! You MUST MUST MUST use a higher SPF at all times in daylight otherwise you will just reactivate it and any hard work will go to waste!

Microdermabrasion is effective in treating it, as is Lactic acid. So a course of Lactic peels may be beneficial to you too! (youll need to wait till youre not pregnant though).

There are many brightening products out there which may be of benefit, but its just finding the right ones for you which will work.

Look for ingredients like: Licorice extract, mulberry, diacetyl boldine, rice bran, Vitamin C

Stick at it and remember - SPF all the way from now on!

You could look at some products that can cover it. Products that are specific for covering birth marks etc like

Veil Cosmetic Camouflage Coverderm Cosmetics These are two very well known reputable companies they will usually send out samples.

Dermalogica has a range called Croma White TRx. It's fab. And also brightens and evens complexion, as well as targeting your hyper-pigmentation, double check use during pregnancy. Products with a high level of Salicylic acid are unsuitable for pregnant women. I think this will just apply to the powerfoliant (exfoliant) HtH xxx

Hiya, the best product you can use is Clarins -vital light serum. It is amazing, I work for Clarins and the response we have received back about this product is unbelievable! Results should be noticeable within 2 weeks of using the product! Pop into your nearest Clarins and ask them to explain and show you the product. Hope this helps! ☺

Hiya, the best product you can use is Clarins -vital light serum. It is amazing, I work for Clarins and the response we have received back about this product is unbelievable! Results should be noticeable within 2 weeks of using the product! Pop into your nearest Clarins and ask them to explain and show you the product. Hope this helps! ☺

Actually this was one i was seriously considering trying because a lady on facebook mentioned that her sister had seen results within "days".Amazing..however...i did try the clinique even better spot corrector and nothing happened at all.

Thank you all for your advice...And Matthew...patience is not one of my strong points but then i have to consider how long it took,and how many sunbeds it took,for my skin to get this bad to begin with.

I have various concealers and foundations and originally trained as a make up artist but most days,when i am not working,i like to go out with nothing on at all so id rather treat it then hide it

Latest posts

Back