Help Gelish experts - mottled base coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi please help am losing the will to live, last couple of gelish man and pedi i have done, i have put base coat on cured with LED lamp wiped with brush then put on colour it is all mottled and almost translusent in areas and shrinking back, im not doing anything different to what i normally do, finding it so embarrasing and inside feel awful, please advise if you canxx:mad:

Is it a new bottle hun? Xx

thanks for your replyxxx... no not a new base coat, i called nail harmony they told me my dry brush must be contaminated? although a few threads ago some gelish users on here told me they never dry brush?? i tried to do it without dry brushing onmyself today and same thing grrrrhhhrhrhr, ive just brought 12 new colours waiting for them to arrive and been pluggin it big time so really anxiousx

Mmmm...I was going to say call harmony. I would call back and say that you didn't dry brush and same thing happened. See if maybe they will replace the base coat?

Xx

thanks for your replyxx has anyone else got a view on this, if you use gelish do you dry brush everytime and has anyone else had this mottling look xx

The colour is mottled? With all colours? Have you got a pic? Try rolling it in your hands to make sure it's mixed up properly if you dont already do this, not sure if it will help though x

It sounds like you have some shrinking of the product. You must prep the nail correctly before applying base coat. The shrinking and mottling is caused from contaminants left on the nail. You really need to scrub the nail plate with the cleanser before applying base coat. Also try shaking the bottles for 30 seconds before using. I never dry brush my base coat after curing and they still turn out great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

How thick are you applying the foundation x

very thinly, i have got a new set of colours base and top coat coming today so gonna try it out, let you know how i get on, thanks for your repliesxxxx

It sounds like you have some shrinking of the product. You must prep the nail correctly before applying base coat. The shrinking and mottling is caused from contaminants left on the nail. You really need to scrub the nail plate with the cleanser before applying base coat. Also try shaking the bottles for 30 seconds before using. I never dry brush my base coat after curing and they still turn out great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I was trained not to shake the bottles as it causes air bubbles when applying x

Latest posts

Back