Help! Gellux problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had rippling with the wild mink and magenta rocks?
I do it all properly and its always the one or 2 nails that ripple??
I dont put it on thick and i do all the nail prep as i was told in the course what else can i do???

Send it back to be tested x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had trouble with a few gellux colours paid postage sent them back, waited approximately 8 weeks phoned them 4 times, eventually they sent them back and said they couldn't find a prob!!!
I have changed to shellac and its amazing wished I had used them from day one !

I have been using gellux for nearly a year now and love it! Some clients last 2 weeks some have lasted 6 weeks! I had a friend who's nails rippled! Just needed buffing and a wipe with the prep ans wipe again and 3 realllly thin coats of polish! Also this was happening when I had an uv lamp, I now have a led lamp abd have no issues what do ever with any colours :) always make sure you prep abd wipe the nail after buffing!

For removal I always file off the top coat then apply cuticle oil around the nail (stops the remover stinging on cut fingers) then apply the remover to a foil wrap place securely around the finger then like above I place it in a heated mitt or under a hot waterbottle takes between 15-20 mins :)

Hope that helps xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone tried the graphite grey?? I found its not grey at all its a green colour! :-(

I have this one I also think it's more green than grey but it seems to be popular 👍

Laura 🐶 x

Hi
Just recently started using Gellux and have liked it so far. Some clients have lasted 3-4 weeks but a recent client only a few days. I wonder if this could be because i did not use the fast bond with it. Also had 2 clients going swimming with Gellux on and its just peeled off. help please xx

Hiya,

I do cuticle work, then file/ shape nails, and buff off the shine, then give the nails a clean (either just rubbing off with a flannel if no cuticle remover used but if I've had to use cuticle remover than I get the client to wash their hands to ensure its all off properly), then I use Fast Bond and wait a little while for it to dry properly, then the Easy-Off base- Cure, Colour-Cure, Colour-Cure, top coat then wipe... Simples!!

With the sparkly red, I did 2 coats of colour then the glitter (so essentially, 3 colour coats before the top coat)

Did that help? ;)

Hi ladies, so many interesting stories. Just wondering when you buff off the shine, do you use a 240 white block? Sorry I am new to this also :)

Latest posts

Back