Help! Gellux problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki Downing

Reaction score
Hi all, am new to Salon Geek but have been doing nails for a while. I am really struggling with Gellux. On some clients it lasts 4 weeks with no problems and on others chips or recently the gel actually rippled whilst curing. I did try again but with an extremely thin coat but no avail. Also, it takes forever to soak off and end up having to file which I dont like doing as it ruins the nail bed. Your advice is greatly appreciated....x

Hi, I used Gellux for a bit and found that it was only a couple of the dark colours that rippled, never had a problem with the others, I don't know if that's the same for you? I think I read somewhere that Gellux have brought out a new base/top coat that helps with the soaking off, give it a go x

We have problems with the gellux rippling..... I posted a few days ago and a few people posted saying they had problems with the colours that had a slight shimmer to.....which was actually the colours we were having problems with lol when takeng them off do u file the nail first to break the seal? Ive started doing that and it seems to b helping with soak offs xx hth xx

The colour that rippled was Mink which isn't pearlised? I also file the top layer before soaking so doing everything by the book...I'm so baffled as it's embarrasing to my clients. :0(

Mmmmmmmm......can u write a step by step as to wat u do x

I have recently been experamenting with gellux. I found I had to buff the nail slightly when preping the nail. Do u use the primer? On capital hair and beauty it gives you quite a lot of info on how to remove it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yes no probs here goes...x
First I remove any polish on natural nail, then I file to shape and then use NSI pure plus to cleanse & dehydrate natural nail. I then buff or file the shine from nail bed. Apply Primer to whole of natural nail. Wait to dry...then apply nail bond and wait 60 secs to dry. I then apply thin layer of base/top coat...then the colour and cure 2 mins, another layer of colour and cure for further 2 mins. Finally apply top coat, cure 2 mins and then remove sticky layer. Add cuticle oil.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong? x

You do more than me.
I remove any nail polish, file the nail, do cuticle work, buff the nail, dehydrate/prime the nail and apply base, then 2x colour then top and remove the sticky layer and then cuticle oil.

I wonder if its the gel itself. I am returning it to the wholesaler and they are going to test it? How do you rate Gellux? How do you find removing it? Sorry for all the questions just need another Nail Techs advice! xx

I have only been using it for a month and only have a couple of colours i have found it great so far. Some of my models who i tested it on said they found it better than shellac which is good because it is a lot cheaper. Some tips for removing any enhancement. Use two bowls and put boiling water in one and then place the othee bowl inside it and put acetone in it. Acetone works quicker when it is warm. Make sure u buff enough of the top coat away remember there is 4 coats protecting the nail so even use a stronger file if u have to. Then soak in acetone and check every 5 minutes scrapping with cuticle knife to take away the gel that has dissolved. Remember to only keep hans out of acetone for a couple minutes at a time. Hope this helps :).

Never wrote anything on this but couldnt read and run lol! sorry if im doing it wrong haha!. Anyway ive been using Gellux since July and LOVE it, looks amazing and its easy to remove if you file of the top coat, use the profile remover on pads, wrap in tin foil and put in heated mitts or use a hot water bottle and wrap in a towel and it takes 10 minutes to remove! Make sure you only take off one wrap at a time scrape the gel of the nail with a cuticle tidy and re apply wrap if you have to. Hope this helps!! xx

i use ezflow trugel and its off so easily and way within 10 mins, however it only lasts 2 weeks on most people 3 on some. If i had it lasting up to 4 weeks i wouldnt care if it took 15 mins with a light file to remove.
Things that stick for ages take ages to remove, i tell my clients this as they sometimes moan about removal time and not being able to rip the off themselves.

Clients HATE removing nails. I love the hot mitt tip thats amazin I never thought of that!

Never wrote anything on this but couldnt read and run lol! sorry if im doing it wrong haha!. Anyway ive been using Gellux since July and LOVE it, looks amazing and its easy to remove if you file of the top coat, use the profile remover on pads, wrap in tin foil and put in heated mitts or use a hot water bottle and wrap in a towel and it takes 10 minutes to remove! Make sure you only take off one wrap at a time scrape the gel of the nail with a cuticle tidy and re apply wrap if you have to. Hope this helps!! xx

I totally agree with this! Foil wraps are do much quicker and kinder to nails than soaking. There's lots of threads on here with great advice on removal :)

I dont find wraps are faster than soaking. I heat acetone in hot water,its very quick.
You could offer half price toe polish or eyebrows in the soaking off time to make it go faster?

The new easy off base is a god send if I'm honest, have found soaking a lot easier. Is it a uv or led lamp you're using? X

The new easy off base is a god send if I'm honest, have found soaking a lot easier. Is it a uv or led lamp you're using? X

and theres the answer lol :)

Out of interest does that shorten the lasting power of the gel? how long do your customers last if you dont mind me asking?

and theres the answer lol :)

Out of interest does that shorten the lasting power of the gel? how long do your customers last if you dont mind me asking?

Ive found itasts really well. Did a lady yesterday who i did 2& half weeks aho and not a chip or mark on them, just regrowth. I soak using their soak kit too. I buffed over applied wraps and soaked off while doing her daughters Gellux. It came off like a dream. Clients with french polish i have known to go 4/5 weeks as no obvious regrowth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi where do you get the easy off base?

Hi there,
Have also has problems with just one colour rippling whilst curing am taking mine back to the wholesaler.

Quick question do you only use the easy off base and the original top coat??

Latest posts

Back