HELP! Glue in hair!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi, i removed my coloured extensions yesterday cause my son likes to play with my hair and was tearing it out, however i cant get the glue out, its not like the glue in the past, its like pure superglue! My hair is sticking out all over the place.

Ive tried moisurising lotion and it sdid seem to break it down slightly, with a bit of separating (and hair snapping of course) Now have fairy liquid onj, which seems to be doing nothing.

Can anyone advise me as i cant brush my hair :-(

x

Without knowing what type of glue was used it would be hard to suggest what to use.

It may be better for you to go back to the person who applied the ext. and ask their advice or even to ask them to remove the glue. :)

It depends on the system used to put in the hair extensions, acetone wll dissolve keretin bonds, however, you would need to be carefull not to touch the scalp as it could cause irritation. If it's gel bonds then Sallys sells an oil based product to remove them. Your better off either seeing the person who put them in or going to a salon as you may end up damaging your hair further.

Hi, Miss Sylk I too agree with going to see a professional to remove the bonding material or you may end up with tension bald spots and thin broken hair
:) minky

Hi, i removed my coloured extensions yesterday cause my son likes to play with my hair and was tearing it out, however i cant get the glue out, its not like the glue in the past, its like pure superglue! My hair is sticking out all over the place.

Ive tried moisurising lotion and it sdid seem to break it down slightly, with a bit of separating (and hair snapping of course) Now have fairy liquid onj, which seems to be doing nothing.

Can anyone advise me as i cant brush my hair :-(

x
use metholated spirits and a cotton wool ball .soak the cotton and then hold the cotton onto the glued area for a minute or so. then genltly cob out the glue.
if this dosent budge let me know

Latest posts

Back