Help, Help, Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi all,really need your help.
As you may know Im only starting out and last Monday I gave my friend a beautiful set of L&P enhancements, the first set id done in about 4 weeks(nobody answered my advertising). We were both really pleased with them. I saw her on Tuesday night and although I didnt examine them, they looked fine. I saw her today and this time I did look at them to admire them and I was horrified!Zone 3 had just disappeared! They looked like a 3 week old set. I was sure my prep was really good. Even after I applied and blended the tips I went over the nail plate with scrubfresh again to make sure it was really clean. I do have problems with my mix ratio. Could the mix have been too thin? Or do you think I might have touched the skin? Would these things make zone 3 come off? How do you Know when somebody has excessive oily nail plates and to use nailfresh?
She since told me that two came off, so she took them all off! Please help as Ive just started advertising and I dont want to get a bad name for myself. Im going to put a new set on her tomorrow and need to work on whats causing the problem.

Check out the tutorials on mix ratio and getting the angle on your brush, you may find your answers there. If not, then it's your prep or you are getting it on the skin (which may have not been removed if your prep steps weren't right on. It's hard to say exactly, but you should be able to get to the root of the problem after going through the tutorials. HTH

Dont panic! Im sure it was probably you not putting enough product in this zone. Although its meant to be thin just not too thin. Im no expert as i am fairly new but i have done it myself a few times. Just try and get your mix ratio right aswell. You will know the next time. x

Thanks Jeni,

I did read all my notes before I went, and Im aware of brush angle for different zones and push and pull method. I suppose its hard to remember everything when its new. Berrer read them all again!

I just wonder how many times it will go wrong before it goes right!!

zoeCU said:
Dont panic! Im sure it was probably you not putting enough product in this zone. Although its meant to be thin just not too thin. Im no expert as i am fairly new but i have done it myself a few times. Just try and get your mix ratio right aswell. You will know the next time. x

Why would it come away if I didnt put enough product on?

Has anybody else got any ideas ?? Pleeeeeese

jee-nails said:
Has anybody else got any ideas ?? Pleeeeeese

Hi,
Settle down and Don't Panic!!..........you have gone over the tutorials on prep and brush angles etc....you will be fine!.......Just concentrate on getting your correct mix ratio as working too wet can cause you problems...I assume thats what you meant when you said it was too thin....
Saturate your brush then count how many times you wipe it on the side of your dappen dish from ferrule to flag....then pick up your bead counting 2-3 seconds for the powder to be soaked into the liquid....and if the powder is all gone before the 3 seconds then it is too wet...yo can double dip and pick up more powder....but work out how much liquid you need in your brush for the size of bead you need then you will start to be consistent....e.g. 6 wipes for a small bead 4 for a medium bead and 2 for a large bead.....or whatever it is for you...its all a learning curve and practise practise practise!!!
good Luck for today.......and remember to breathe!

Has your model been absolutely truthfull in saying she hasn't picked a wee bit and removed the lifting herself? If I had any lifting I sure would not be able to leave it alone.

Product doesn't just vanish into thin air.

geeg said:
Has your model been absolutely truthfull in saying she hasn't picked a wee bit and removed the lifting herself? If I had any lifting I sure would not be able to leave it alone.

Product doesn't just vanish into thin air.

I did ask her that today and yes she did pick it off, but thats because it had started to lift so I did do something wrong.Anyway Ive re-applied them so I have to just wait and see. I used acid free primer on her so that might make a difference. Thanks for all your replies.

Latest posts

Back