help!! how do i remove pink tones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleygirl1

Reaction score
Hi

Just a slight dilema I'm having, done my client's hair on Saturday and I used the colours I normally use (which is L'Oreal Majirel). I pre colour the roots with 7 as she is so white and then colour it with 1/2 7 & 1/2 8. We have both noticed that this time the colour has gone pinky on the roots! (and before you ask I didn't use any different colours to what I normally do :)) so I re applied a different tube of 7 all over which seems to have toned it down, but the pink tones a still a little visible, is there anything I can do to be rid of these pink tones once and for all???

I have thought about putting a pure ash or green on the roots, do you think this would get rid of the pink tones?? or would pre colouring the hair again do the trick or a bleach bath??

Help!!!

Hayley

Hi, I haven't used L'oreal for sometime so forgive me if I go off track! It sounds like the bases have an underlying beige tone so that may be the problem. Putting the 7 on first wouldn't make much difference as you are double processing the hair and it will just make it dry and over-processed. If you doing this to get better coverage then it would be better to pre-soften with 6%, add some heat for 10 mins and then apply your colour over the top.

What base level are you trying to achieve? As a 7 and 8 mix will just make a 71/2.

I would go in with an ash or if you are a bit nervous a cendre. So if I wanted a 7 level my mix would be 1/2 of 7 and 1/2 of 7/cendre or ash and 6% (can't remember the tone numbers of L'oreal!)

Alternatively, do L'oreal do a white hair series? As these are always the best to go for if you have stubborn grey/white hair.

Hope this is helpful to you :)

Latest posts

Back