Help.. I feel so down :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, you have to look at facts, not the the thaughts that are going round your head at 100 miles per hour! She was a nail biter, who was 15 years old, who took her nails OUT of the lamp during the service. All three of these things spell bad news on their own let alone together. Teenagers are notoriouse for not taking advice and doing their own thing anyway, and she wasnt willing to do the aftercare from the word go. Plus she is a biter, she would have been biting probably from the day she got them done, also, she took her hands out of the lamp, there for the product was not cured properly.

Dont beat yourself up about it. I personaly dont do enhancments on under 16s for the reasons that I dont find they are good clients and they cant afford the upkeep, unless they have extremely rich parents, which around my area wont happen. Also i dont like the thaught of someones mum ringing up and being funny if they damage a nail and try and blame me. I will however do things like minx toes for them, but enhancments I wont do. Some other geeks do them on younger people, I have nothing against

it, I dont think it is moraly wrong to do it on young girls, but for me, its a no. They are for adults only. Dont beat yourself up over some girl who is not mature or confident enough to ring back and tell you if there is a problem. Clients who are adult will be able to ring you and voice their concerns if they have any. xx
Thanks so much hun.. I have today changd my policy and will only do work on people over 16 unless they accept liability for the nails.

You are right, all my other clients had a bit of natural nail.. she had none.. all my other clients nails last, hers didn't.. hmm... Thanks hun. I feel better. I passed my course a few months ago and continue to practice on my close friends for feedback doing nail art etc too and airbrushing and each time i get positive feedback anything they do critisise me on i take on board. Therefore I should have more confidence in my work. Thanks for the tip. No under 16's!! xxx

I think what you need to do is get yourself some confidence!! Once you feel confident in your abilities as a tech, it's much harder for something like this to shake you. If I have a nail biter I don't hold back in telling them I know the nails may not last as most nail biters would chew through wood if it were on the end of their fingers! You need to remind yourself that you do the best with what you have and as long as your work is good and you KNOW that then the client is in charge of the aftercare.

We really have all been there but it gets much easier...promise! I do agree it seems a bit sus if your friend is no longer recommending you though. There is a chance she is just protecting her own client base/reputation but I think a real friend would have more to say in your defence. Just my opinion though.

Chin up and DO NOT let something like this dent your confidence :Love:
xx

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really should have told her about her nail biting habits and that they would not last but I didn't really fuss on it too much. I have lost my confidence so much and am so nervous incase she texts me but the geeks here have really helped. :Love:

xx

obviously being quite new confidence is yet to be worked on which is why i am still practicing on friends and getting them to feedback to me on my general chit-chat and my work etc..

x

Thanks for advice hayley but she lives so far away from me. The next town infact that I don't think anyone there would know me anyway. It is so hard and difficult as I know my other clients love my work and I can't help but feel she has done something odd.... :-S She is a 15 year old girl and it is her mum who is the one who got my number etc and has been back to me friend complaining. (A week later)
youv e made the right decision then hun some people are just never happy!!! You sound more positive already!!! You dont want a customer like that anyway!!x

"It is so hard and difficult as I know my other clients love my work and I can't help but feel she has done something odd...."

There you go then!!

This is why no matter how new you are to the trade, you need to pick yourself up and get some confidence about you! I once had a girl muck out horses 1 hour after getting her nails done and she then had the cheek to mouth off in front of 2 other clients that her nails "popped off" and I don't know what came over me but I put her right in her place on the spot and detailed her mucking out just as loud. Did she mention it again? No. Did she rebook? Eventually when she had stopped blushing :biggrin:

It doesn't matter how long we have been doing this job, someone will always be sent to test us and we learn what we need to, and move on up that food chain lol

:hug:

Bless you, it's horrible that 1 person with something negative to say can make us so upset, yet 20 people with something positive to say seems harder to believe! Why is that!

I thought as a nail biter myself I would offer you my two cents worth!!! I can confirm....I used to chew my enhancements off....to start with, I would have acrylics and I would be ok until I had the slightest bit of lifting or any sort of edge, if the weren't blended into my natural nail perfectly then I would pick at it, then a bit would break leaving me with a better edge to chew....I'd play with them in my teeth, almost testing how strong they are (and for the record the girl that used to do my nails was an awesome tech!!! Trained and worked for Jacqui Jefford) and what do you know....if you bite hard enough...they do just ping off!!!!! I never blamed my tech, as I said she was awesome and very patient with me....it's hard when you're a nail biter, I would try so hard not to bite them!

Currently I have nothing on my nails and am having to grow out some thery thin and damaged nails after stupidly going to a tech that used an electric file....I should have realised how stupid at the point she filed through my nail bed and acrylic'd straight over the top....NICE!!!!!

Anyway, after that essay, if you're still reading....my point is they probably did just POP off....after a lot of playing with them between the teeth!!!! But it is in no way your fault...I also think if she's 20 miles away sod her!!!! Who needs bad clients, never mind bad clients that actually cost you a small fortune to get to them!!!

Chin up and remember there are far more nice things being said about your work, don't let 1 person, especially a kid, get you down :)

WOWSER sorry for the essay.......trying to block out my children I think!!!!

Bless you, it's horrible that 1 person with something negative to say can make us so upset, yet 20 people with something positive to say seems harder to believe! Why is that!

I thought as a nail biter myself I would offer you my two cents worth!!! I can confirm....I used to chew my enhancements off....to start with, I would have acrylics and I would be ok until I had the slightest bit of lifting or any sort of edge, if the weren't blended into my natural nail perfectly then I would pick at it, then a bit would break leaving me with a better edge to chew....I'd play with them in my teeth, almost testing how strong they are (and for the record the girl that used to do my nails was an awesome tech!!! Trained and worked for Jacqui Jefford) and what do you know....if you bite hard enough...they do just ping off!!!!! I never blamed my tech, as I said she was awesome and very patient with me....it's hard when you're a nail biter, I would try so hard not to bite them!

Currently I have nothing on my nails and am having to grow out some thery thin and damaged nails after stupidly going to a tech that used an electric file....I should have realised how stupid at the point she filed through my nail bed and acrylic'd straight over the top....NICE!!!!!

Anyway, after that essay, if you're still reading....my point is they probably did just POP off....after a lot of playing with them between the teeth!!!! But it is in no way your fault...I also think if she's 20 miles away sod her!!!! Who needs bad clients, never mind bad clients that actually cost you a small fortune to get to them!!!

Chin up and remember there are far more nice things being said about your work, don't let 1 person, especially a kid, get you down :)

WOWSER sorry for the essay.......trying to block out my children I think!!!!

This essay has really helped thank you lol .. xx I am building my confidence by doing a few new designs on my friends and getting their feedback I am seeing paying clients again next week but practice makes perfect xx

It hurts me to see someone has upset you so much,huggs...
I have been a salon owner for 11yrs...every now and again you will come across clients like this...you carnt please some clients!!
Put this as a learning curb...i would not contact her/as she has not contacted you and never will..dont worry,your clients you have will always be loyal to you,and you have to put them first..clients build up by your better clients,dont let this get to you.LOL

Latest posts

Back