Help I have insurance but....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal

Reaction score
Hi I have insurance but have been told that the courses i've done at sallys may not be okay for insurance and theyare only in house certificates, I would hate anything to happen and find that I can't make a claim. Has this happened to anyone else?

Who has told you that your course may not be covered?

If your insurance company has given you insurance then surely it is covered otherwise they wouldnt have given you insurance.

Hi Fiona thanks for replying. I was told by one of the girls who work at sallys.

P.S. Also the insurance company did'nt ask any questions about any of my certificates or training I had.

If you are really worried, then I suggest you contact your insurance company and get clarification. Unfortunately sometimes we pay out all this money in insurance and the only time it is an issue is when we make a claim LOL.

I am very surprised that the Sally's girls are saying that - basically they are telling you that your course is not worth doing if you cannot get insurance - talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Thanks for your advise, I'm currently photocopying my certificates and sending them off to the insurance company, so in a few days I'll know for sure.
Thanks again.
Crystal.

Hi I have insurance but have been told that the courses i've done at sallys may not be okay for insurance and theyare only in house certificates, I would hate anything to happen and find that I can't make a claim. Has this happened to anyone else?

I actually work at an insurance brokers, and all the insurance markets we use do not condition their polcies with the requirement for certain qualifications within your trade. They usually quote a premium/terms on experience. Your industry is not one which is heavily regulated like gas fitters for example (i.e they must be Corgi registered or Insurance brokers must to registered with the FSA), therefore I would say that you are fine with your qualifications. However every insurance company is different so it would be wise to ask the question, and make sure you get the FULL name of the person you have referred this to you. Then (God forbid) in the event if a claim you have all your bases covered.

Hope this is helpful...and made sense!

Gill

I actually work at an insurance brokers, and all the insurance markets we use do not condition their polcies with the requirement for certain qualifications within your trade. They usually quote a premium/terms on experience. Your industry is not one which is heavily regulated like gas fitters for example (i.e they must be Corgi registered or Insurance brokers must to registered with the FSA), therefore I would say that you are fine with your qualifications. However every insurance company is different so it would be wise to ask the question, and make sure you get the FULL name of the person you have referred this to you. Then (God forbid) in the event if a claim you have all your bases covered.

Hope this is helpful...and made sense!

Gill

CORGI no longer exists - it is now the Gas Safe Register. So, if you employ a gas fitter who says they're CORGI registered ask them for their Gas Safe Register details...

I did some courses at Sally and had no problems with insurance.

Thank you ladies for your advice, everything is sorted and it's good

Latest posts

Back