Help!!!!! ibd white not staying put

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen17

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can give me some pointers - using ibd soak off and when doing french the white seems to bleed quite a lot requiring loads of work to make crisp tips! Been putting it in the fridge to thicken it but only half way there. Any ideas?
Can I use a different white for the tips as the base and top will still be the soak off?

Did you stir it up really good? I know sometimes my white gets really runny on the top and stays thicker on the bottom. I wouldn't put it in the fridge becuase of moisture build up. I'd try stirring it or I'd get a new one, bring it back to your supplier and ask if they'll swap it out.

I believe the IBD soak off and buff off are interchangable, but if you do half/half it kinda defeats the purpose of using a soak off.

Good luck.

Shiloh

Are you using the white as a paint on white or building the whole free edge with your white? I suspect if it like the Bio soakable gel that I use it is only suitable as a paint on white and should be painted on like a polish in very thin layers.

Thanks for that. I have stirred it well but I think I will have to do more layers and thinner. It is also a time issue as more layers, more time ......
Going to try a few things out on me first and see how they work. My customers love the soak off and I would prefer to stay with that if possible. Its a very different place here in Spain and the town where I live is still in the 18th century! Not kidding!

Latest posts

Back