Help!im new to this!


Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


New Member
Jul 20, 2010
Reaction score
catterick garrison
Hiya jus wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction...i have completed an mani and pedi course and a gel nails course. im now looking to start doin nails from home and at clients houses. unfortunately i am clueless as to what steps t take now..sort of insurance i need to get etc an were to get it from?can sumone pls gives a few pointers :confused: cheers xxx
Hi, Beauty guild, Professional Beauty or direct to Towergate Insurance and you should be able to find something there.
Firstly you will need Public, Product and Treatment liability cover for performing your treatments. The Guild can offer you this for all the treatments you are qualified in. Call us on 0845 2177 383 or visit Beauty Guild : Home - Beauty Guild. If you quote Geek as a referral code when you join, you will get a £10 discount. This will cover you to work at home, in a salon and mobile.

Secondly, you will need to contact your house insurance. Only tell them that you are considering working from home. Some companies will not cover you for this and will stop your cover if you have already started working. By telling them you are only thinking about it, you will have time to shop around if necessary.

You should also contact your local council to see if they have any restrictions on working from home. The rules differ for each council, so just have a chat with them and see what they say.

Latest posts