Help, I've ran out of Shellac topcoat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph30

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me, I've ran out of Shellac top coat and have loads of clients booked in purely my own fault I thought I had a spare, I do however have the brisa top coat, have any of you tried this before? I've placed an order but its not getting here until Tuesday? Anyone?xxx

I don't use Brisa, but from my understanding it's a hard gel?

You shouldn't mix the two systems. There is a good video that has been posted before explaining why this shouldn't work. I may be completely wrong though!

Your quickest solution would be to contact the nearest salon that uses CND and ask if they have a bottle you can purchase from them and hope they have enough stock and are kind enough to help you out..... we used to do this in emergencies.

good luck
x

tip your bottle upside down, you will be surprised how many you will get out of it...i did it with a bottle i was going to throw out and managed to get another 3 sets out of it!!

Or turn the bottle to the side and scoop with the brush you will get more out .... Holly demonstrates this in one of her videos on glitter paste x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Yeah tip the bottle to the side, but make sure to mix it around to blend the layers. With brisa too coat it will chip off your shellac as its a harder product. Contact a salon nearby and tell them your predicament.
Good luck! Reminds me I'm going to buy a few bottles to have on standby! X

Can anyone advise me, I've ran out of Shellac top coat and have loads of clients booked in purely my own fault I thought I had a spare, I do however have the brisa top coat, have any of you tried this before? I've placed an order but its not getting here until Tuesday? Anyone?xxx

You can't use Brisa gloss over Shellac because it is a hard gel top coat. Putting it over soft "gel" type products will cause the gloss to crack. It's not meant to be really flexible because it is used over gel and l&p. Do you only use Shellac? If you use Gelish, Gelcolor or a similar brand, you could always use that brands top coat. It's not recommended, I know but if you are in a pinch why not? I have used OPI Gelcolor top coat on myself when I ran out of Shellac. It did last the same amount of time. Only do this if you can't get one from another salon or your bottle is bone dry. It's not recommended by CND or other manufacturers but if you can't get any STC then what are you gonna do, reschedule your clients?

Are you sure you're TOTALLY out? I had this problem a while ago but decided instead to tip a dollop of the topcoat out into my spare dappen dish and apply it with a gel brush. Worked a treat and I got 5 sets out of it.

Xxx

I'm saved my delivery is getting here Monday and a friend is gong to lend me hers, panick over, thanks girls xx

Latest posts

Back