Help, looking at getting electric drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo_Barrett

Reaction score
Hope that some fellow Geeks can help, I'm thinking of getting an electric nail drill to help speed up the nail prep but I'm at a lose as to where to start. Is it better to get a full set drill with foot pedal or go for the pen style one.

Hope that some fellow Geeks can help, I'm thinking of getting an electric nail drill to help speed up the nail prep but I'm at a lose as to where to start. Is it better to get a full set drill with foot pedal or go for the pen style one.

Personal choice. I prefer no foot pedal ... more wires to get in the way.
You want to look for a light easy hand-piece and brand reputation. KUPA Mani-pro Supermax.

Is the original manipro sufficient for a beginner? Kupa is selling them for 125$ on black Friday and was thinking of getting one.

Is the original manipro sufficient for a beginner? Kupa is selling them for 125$ on black Friday and was thinking of getting one.

You want a beginner one and then to buy again ?? Mani-pro supermax is what I recommend.

Yes I don't have the money because my husband was just laid off and I really want to learn how to use an efile. Guess I'll wait and save up thanks.

I am also looking for a bit of advice on this subject. I have already decided to purchase the Kupa SuperMax Mani-pro but wonder what extra drill bits I should buy? Should I buy them in gold or silver - what's the difference performance wise? Do I need to buy safety bits and sanding bands - sorry but am a complete novice when it comes to e-files? Any advise would be much appreciated.

I am also looking for a bit of advice on this subject. I have already decided to purchase the Kupa SuperMax Mani-pro but wonder what extra drill bits I should buy? Should I buy them in gold or silver - what's the difference performance wise? Do I need to buy safety bits and sanding bands - sorry but am a complete novice when it comes to e-files? Any advise would be much appreciated.
I hate sanding bands. Rough horrible things that make loads of dust.

Go for the carbide safety bit and an under nail cleaner and a barrel bit.

I myself don't need gold to make me feel or look good .. The ordinary bits do me just fine.

I have the Medicool TurboFile 2. I've been using this for years. I purchased it at Cosmoprof in the US. It's been good for me for the price.

Noted Geeg - another CND trained tech told me to go for the gold bits but couldn't explain why! Many thanks for your help guys :)

Noted Geeg - another CND trained tech told me to go for the gold bits but couldn't explain why! Many thanks for your help guys :)

There is no why! One is gold coloured and the other is not .. there is nil difference in performance.

Is there a UK company that I can purchase this electric drill from?

I use the Kupa 2000 and I love sanding bits as even for a good make they are only 18p each and you can dispose of them after each customer.
No need to soak in Mundo. Great for removing twinkle toes.
I also use the safety carbide bit & under nail bit. I never use the others and I paid around £30 each for them - waste of money! I also have a cheaper medicool one for mobile. (when I say cheaper, it was £200 rather than £400) it does the job, but cant beat the KUPA xx

Hello Fellow Geeks, I too am looking for a quality drill. I cannot see on NSI UK website. Just a SUPERUP200, UP200 or a UPOWER? Any idesas?

I have pro power 30k medicool.
Its amazing, 4 years old still like brand new! I don't like foot petals I find them more of a pain then anything (thats my personal choice).
It was expensive but i'll have it for years to come :) I lovve it!

I was able to play around with the YN-99 today and really likes it. Is the super max handpiece the same size as the YN-99? Which would be comparable. I really liked the YN-99 but since Kupa is having a sale, I was figuring of purchasing one closest to the YN-99 model.

Just resurrecting this in case geeg is around soon or if anyone else can help that would be great.
I'm just wondering which drill bit is best for removing shellac off acrylic extensions?x

I love my kupa from
WWW.kupainc.com.
I also have a PNI25AT from
www.premiernailsource.com
It has a foot pedal, and I love it!

Also...just a quick note...

Drills are for hanging pictures.
E-files are for nail enhancements.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back