Help me choose my Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profbeau

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been absent from SG for a few months and as a result have forgotten all my log in details & re-joined!
I am finally in a position to start getting vinylux, yipee!
However, I am driving myself insane with swapping and changing the items in my basket before I click "checkout". I am on a limited budget, and have clients ranging from 18-65 so trying to make sure there is something for everyone. I'm opting for the intro-kit, and want to get another 6-7 colors. In my basket currently are: electric orange, black pool, gotcha, grapefruit sparkle & cerulean blue & vexed Violette. It may be next year before I get to add more. Tried asking my clients but they really aren't much help!
Would anyone suggest any other good all-rounders, or feel any of the above just aren't popular?!
Thanks for taking the time to read my essay & thanks in advance for any help x

Maybe a coral type colour like lobster roll or tropix. Midnight Swim for a dark navy. And maybe some pastel colours like cake pop or lilac longing?

Hi, welcome back :cool:

I would go with your classics first, you'll need French colours, white and a French pink, personally I love Negligee for French but there are other options. I'd get a red, Rouge Red is perfect creme red, something like Red Baroness is a little more on the burgundy side but great for older skin tones too.

Gotcha is a great pink but nearly all my clients love Tutti Frutti, if sold out last year during the summer so that gives you an idea of how popular it is :wink2:

Don't forget you can layer Vinylux like shellac so you'll get more options there too

Enjoy

I had all of those in my basket at some point! Its so hard choosing. Which colors would you recommend I drop? Thanks

Don't forget you can layer Vinylux like shellac so you'll get more options there too

I didn't think you could layer Vinylux, if you can what colours as I've been missing out on this!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can mix it as well - lemon yellow, and so on and so forth :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! Would it be possible for you to pm some of the shades you've made? Sounds so cheeky but I don't use shellac yet so the lauering/mixing is still a little new for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Linzi at the risk of sounding mega cheeky I would really appreciate some examples of successful mixing colours please!

I absolutely LOVE Vinylux! In my salon the most popular colors are:
- Pink Bikini - hot pink but on a warmer side
- Hollywood - bright red with a hint of gold shimmer on a warmer side
- Wildfire - classic bright red
- Bloodline - deep red, fantastic coverage
- Dark Lava (bestseller!!)
- Steel Gaze (identical to Chanel "Graphite") awesome coverage
- Lobster Roll (bestseller)
- Cake Pop (sells well)
- Seaside Party (awesome coverage!!, dream to work with)
- Rubble (must have neutral)
- Midnight Swim (dream application)

There is so many more, I have them all pretty much and we retail it quite a bit..
The top coat is beyond fantastic.. I use it over our Chanel, YSL and Dior polishes for longer lasting finish. Vinylux has the best staying power though.

Thanks all for your help, I've dwindled it down to 17 colors inc French, reds, pinks, a couple of darks, a nude and a couple of pastel/corals. Plus 2 top coats. Hoping this will see me through spring/summer! Just need to press the checkout button now... After I've browsed the additives & glitters!

Sultry Sunset and Tango Passion are absolutely gorgeous on Kx

I absolutely LOVE Vinylux! In my salon the most popular colors are:
- Pink Bikini - hot pink but on a warmer side
- Hollywood - bright red with a hint of gold shimmer on a warmer side
- Wildfire - classic bright red
- Bloodline - deep red, fantastic coverage
- Dark Lava (bestseller!!)
- Steel Gaze (identical to Chanel "Graphite") awesome coverage
- Lobster Roll (bestseller)
- Cake Pop (sells well)
- Seaside Party (awesome coverage!!, dream to work with)
- Rubble (must have neutral)
- Midnight Swim (dream application)

There is so many more, I have them all pretty much and we retail it quite a bit..
The top coat is beyond fantastic.. I use it over our Chanel, YSL and Dior polishes for longer lasting finish. Vinylux has the best staying power though.

This has been really helpful as I'm currently trying to decide on my Vinylux collection :) x

Lobster roll is a definate must.

Purple purple is so so much nicer in Vinylux than it is with shellac (in my opinion)

Hot pop pink is also a great pink to have and blackpool is quite popular too, and azure wish is lovely for the spring/summer

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392732451.789758.jpg azure wish
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392732511.642655.jpg blackpool
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392732617.776197.jpgpurple purple
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392732660.508240.jpg lobster roll

Is there much difference between hot pop & pink bikini? All the swatches I can find seem to look pretty much the same! Also does anyone have sunset sultry? Swatches look lovely and wondering if I should get this too or is it very similar to tutti frutti? Almost there, just the pinks I'm unsure of!

Is there much difference between hot pop & pink bikini? All the swatches I can find seem to look pretty much the same! Also does anyone have sunset sultry? Swatches look lovely and wondering if I should get this too or is it very similar to tutti frutti? Almost there, just the pinks I'm unsure of!

I personally prefer pink bikini. It's more of a barbie pink I think. Hot pop pink is too bright for my eyes lol! 😃

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Wanting more barbie rather than bright so pink bikini it is!

Sarah 1992, how did you get the gold in the dark vinylux? (if it's just the light playing on the nail then apologies for me being an eedjit!! :o)

Sarah 1992, how did you get the gold in the dark vinylux? (if it's just the light playing on the nail then apologies for me being an eedjit!! :o)

Nope, your eyes are correct! Just pressed in gold foil :)

I have some nail foils but never used them. Do you put over 2nd colour coat and then put on top coat? It's a lovely look.
(glad my specs are still working!:wink2:)

I have some nail foils but never used them. Do you put over 2nd colour coat and then put on top coat? It's a lovely look.
(glad my specs are still working!:wink2:)

Thanks! Yeah you have it right, just be sure the vinylux is still kinda wet, because otherwise its impossible to press on! So probably wait like 5 seconds then press :)

Latest posts

Back