Help me skin geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I need some serious help with my skin!!! I'm a hairdresser so have jumped over for some guidance, hope you can help!!

Sorry if any of this sounds gross but basically I am having big trouble with a spot on my chin!!! :( it hurts!
Sunday evening I felt quite a big seedling on my chin like two separate ones, you know the hidden spots that are under the skin? Anyway I left them well alone, I applied zineryt lotion (from my gp for my bad skin) but assuming it wouldn't do much as its right under the skin. Yesterday I felt the swelling still but it seemed ok like it was going down again, throughout the day yesterday the swelling on the higher spot has got a lot worse and it's gone really red! The other one is still there but seems to be ok for now, think its going down.

Last night I applied zineryt, and some aloe Vera/tea tree gel, that seems to help with my other spots brilliant. This morning I wake up and it feels massively swollen, it's very red and it's actually quite uncomfortable!! I've applied my aloe bear and zineryt but it's not touching it what can I do???

I have a date on Friday and I really need to clear it up by then! Please help me out! Plus when I get these big spots it really knocks my confidence, may sound over the top but I can't give ppl eye contact and I keep my head down cuz I know ppl look straight at the massive spot!!

Please help me out guys!!! :( xxxx

Hey, best thing I would recommends would to try using tea tree oil! Works for my spots! And maybe a light exfoliation? But other than that maybe a microdermabrasion facial from a local salon? Other than that, just leave them alone, I had two exactly the same and used tea tree oil and had a facial but tried to leave them alone.. Within a couple of days my spots had reduced massively. Hope this helps :) x

Cover with toothpaste overnight - really seems to dry them out and cools them down to ! X

Ok thanks geeks :) I may try some tea tree oil now and then when I go to bed ill apply the toothpaste. The sweeping has gone down a bit but literally only in the last hour :/ was so uncomfortable today, madness just for a spot!!! It's still very red and has gone quite dry but worries about applying and moisturizer as for want to create a white head! :/

I really hope this dies down by Friday! I'm useless with cover up make up so fingers crossed!!!

Hopefully it will of gone down by then!! Good luck on your date!!💃x

MissLou you could try a hot or cold compress to take the swelling down. Heat a damp flannel up in the microwave for 20 seconds and let it cool a bit so it's not too hot and then apply over the spot. Cold would be an ice cube or something cold and put it over the area. I've only tried the warm compress and it helps for me

Thanks, I woke up this morning and it was a white head!! Sorry I know it's gross but I had no choice but to get rid of it lol so at least it's out but now it's just left a massive lump and it's bright red and still a sizeable lump....I'm going to try the Ice for a few minutes hopefully that will work, not sure what I can use over night to make swelling and redness go down, wether toothpaste would help that or that could be too drying out at This stage...any ideas or just Ice for a big lump!! One full day before the date need to get rid by then!!! :/

Get those hydrocolloid plasters (the gel type ones for blisters) and sleep with it on it - pulls all the fluid out, and it works best if you've already opened the spot up as you already have. Feel your pain, I get massive hormonal spots on my chin and I can't leave them alone!!

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh wow I've never heard that one before!! Too late tonight now to go get some but I will defiantly buy some as I'm sure they'll come up again very soon-like next week :( been like a regular thing lately, not sure I've gone a full week yet without one sprouting up I don't mind the little ones so much but these big ones that swell are so painful sometimes and so hard to cover!! Ppl look right at them! Makes me so uncomfortable :(

Cool boiled water and salt will drawn anything out, good luck :) xx

A Japanese girl at my work told me about the plasters - they sell little disc ones specifically for spots over there, and you can order them online but they're a bit pricey. I read the ingredients and realised they're just small hydrocolloid blister plasters in a girly box! Hope your date goes well!

R x

Latest posts

Back