HELP!My Acrylics Lift,But Not My Gels...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michark

Reaction score
OK,
I have no problems when it comes to doing my gels.There is no lifting at all.So why am I having problems with my acrylics doing that?It's usually around the side walls.I am so aware when doing my prep.Does anyone have any ideas other than the usual filing,cleansing,or product touching sides?
Thanks!!!

Hiya...could it be due to the different application methods with L&P and gel....?

what i mean is....with gel you work gently...almost floating the brush and lightly dragging the gel where you want it......but with L&P...its a patting and pressing movement.

Also it could be your mix ratio....but i am sure someone with a better knowledge of L&P than me would be able to help you with this...

Just another thing....OIL...are your clients oiling the nails regulary...?

I don't think any top gloss should be needed on L&P...for the reason of preventing lifting...its far better to solve the lifting problem...what if you had a client who didn't want a glossy finish to her nails....?

To me it sounds like, may be, your mix ratio is either too wet or too dry.

*If it's too wet the product will shrink on the nail plate, causing lifting.

**If it's too dry this can cause product break down and cause centre pocket lifting.

Hope this answers your question.

I would say it is probably your mix ratio too. You do need to make sure you are pressing the acrylic into the nail as opposed to the light touch you use with gel.

How long do you leave the extensions? Sometimes if they're too long, you can get a downward pressure on the free edge that can loosen the cuticle area. Gels won't have this problem as much because they are more flexible.

Generally, because of their flexibility, gels are less likely to lift than L&P, overall. And as the others have mentioned, you have to consider your ratio with L&P. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back