Help - my fake bake machine is leaking!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzi Moore

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My Fake bake Piggy is Leaking fluid, I just did a tan and its gone everywhere!!!!!!:eek: I tightened the gold screw, but then it stopped working... Then it worked when i losened it. The orange knob i turned right down then turned it 6 times.... Am i doing this right? anyone know. I did my fake bake training but my memory is like a siv...:idea: I have two tans in the morning and am completely stuck help me please:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked:

Hi Suzi, I use a Fake Bake Pig. Where is the solution leaking from?

A few weeks ago my Pig stopped working altogether, Just went puff. Called Fake Bake who told me to give it a clean out as there might be something stuck in the pipework somewhere and lo and behold, their advice worked.

If the solution is leaking from the cup, you should check the black inner seal is in place and that the pipe is secure and not wobbly.

If the leak is coming from the needle itself, it sounds like it could do with a clean-out as the first option.

NOT THAT I'M AN EXPERT THOUGH

I have read on here before that if the cup is screwed too tight it can break the seal and that by tightening the cup as usual and then untightening it by a half turn can help. Obviously only if the cup is leaking. It might be time for a new cup?

Your gun should be cleaned through resonably regularly maybe strip it down and clean it as suggested before,

hth

Becki xxx

Hi Guys

My Fake bake Piggy is Leaking fluid, I just did a tan and its gone everywhere!!!!!!:eek: I tightened the gold screw, but then it stopped working... Then it worked when i loosened it. The orange knob i turned right down then turned it 6 times.... Am i doing this right? anyone know. I did my fake bake training but my memory is like a siv...:idea: I have two tans in the morning and am completely stuck help me please:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked:

To give a definitive diagnosis we do need to know from where the leak is coming.

It does sound that either the problem has come about from you either making the wrong adjustments to the gold screw..possibly to tight then to loose to get it working again or that if the leak is coming from the cup that you may have over tightened it and have crushed the seal or distorted the thread on the cup...easily done and also rectified with a new cup and "O" ring seal.

As a temporary repair to help get you through the day is to take the "O" ring out and turn it upside down and pop it back in..if it still leaks wipe a dollop of vaseline on the inside of the cup receptor thread..this will provide a temporary seal which may also help you through the day.

It would be worthwhile calling up Fake bake directly to see if they could help you over the phone.

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back