Help!!! My Hair Dye went too dark i have a date tomorrow :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmaz

Reaction score
Hi Guys im desperate for help

Im a student with NO money and i did a home hair dye yesterday thinking it would be brown it went black, im so pale and it doesnt suit me atall, my friends wont lie to me and they dont think its nice. Im desperate for a quick fix that i can buy from a shop (i.e. boots)? can i redye it a lighter colour? my hair is however very thin and fragile i guess i could say (dyed it yesterday and some fell out) I spent all night crying because it just looks terrible.

I really appreciate your replies in advance!!!

Hi Guys im desperate for help

Im a student with NO money and i did a home hair dye yesterday thinking it would be brown it went black, im so pale and it doesnt suit me atall, my friends wont lie to me and they dont think its nice. Im desperate for a quick fix that i can buy from a shop (i.e. boots)? can i redye it a lighter colour? my hair is however very thin and fragile i guess i could say (dyed it yesterday and some fell out) I spent all night crying because it just looks terrible.

I really appreciate your replies in advance!!!

You won't be able to dye it a lighter colour as tint won't lift tint.

The only options for lightening it is going to a hairdressers or training college and having your hair stripped but by the sounds of the condition of your hair I doubt many hairdressers would be willing to do this. If your hair is in that bad of a condition I would be worrying about that more than the colour, can you not spare some money to go and have a cut and blow dry and a conditioning treatment?

You could always get a bottle of Head and Shoulders or Vosene as they are pretty good at fading colour.

x

Thankyou Lauren!! I wish i could go to a hairdressers but im in my last two weeks of university and i literally have no money, i have enough to afford a bottle of that shampoo do you think there is a chance it could work? If i wash it like 50 times?! x

Hun you really need to take care of your hair, especially as you are noticing damage. I hope after this you will go to a professional or even a hairdressing training college to get your hair done as it does very easily go wrong.

It will fade the colour (it has everytime I've used either of those) but it will probably fade more in some places than others and may look patchy.

And don't do it fifty times, lol. x

when that happened to me i used washing up liquid, but make sure you use a good conditioner after as it makes your hair really dry, hope i helped?

Latest posts

Back