Help my hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucindatracey

Reaction score
Hi everyone not posted for a while, hope everyone's ok!!
Right basically I'm a bleach blonde girl, been this colour for 4/5 years now, naturally a base 4. Always have root applications precisely carried out no over-lap etc, but here's my problem.

This year my hair condition has rapidly gone down hill, breakage, dry, brittle. Totally lacks moisture, and I think I am lacking a few other things too. I am currently taking medication called topiramate which is very well known for hair loss, and I have lost hair straight from the root occasionally too. But my main problem is breakage, lack of moisture, I need to stop this snapping :( I have gone from shoulder length to chin length and it feels better but still so much snapping.
Here's what I'm already using -
Tigi Elasticate shampoo&conditioner
L'Oreal se absolut repair shampoo
Matrix hydrating conditioning balm
Matrix fortetherapie serum,
Pure argan oil.
I leave it to dry naturally and I avoid heat tools!!

I am lacking protein products so am thinking of buying the whole redken extreme range? Pureology miracle spray filler? Can anyone recommend anything else please?

And can someone PM details about getting redken products trade price? Sorry for the long post.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! Xxxx

Redken cat protein spray and the anti snap is amazing!!
U will see results after one use of the cat spray you really won't be disappointed!
Defo recommend using the whole range first of all if your hair Is that bad 😊 👍 x

Redken cat protein spray and the anti snap is amazing!!
U will see results after one use of the cat spray you really won't be disappointed!
Defo recommend using the whole range first of all if your hair Is that bad 😊 👍 x

Thanks hun, am looking to buy the whole range :) wheres best to buy from for cheaper price!?! does anyone know.xxx

Anyone any recommendations please .....

Hi, Redken is sold in salons only, so unless you are the salon owner don't think you've a chance of getting trade prices? :eek:

Hi, Redken is sold in salons only, so unless you are the salon owner don't think you've a chance of getting trade prices? :eek:

Sorry but I didn't know this......? Jeez

Last edited:
I write a long happy go post asking for recommendations, and I get ...nothing but comments like that? But non pros get all the advice in the world! In not trained in EVERY brand ffs... I don't know the ins and outs of every brand

All I wanted to know was could I, as a professional hairdresser purchase Redken products cheaper than RRP. !!!!!!

I write a long happy go post asking for recommendations, and I get ...nothing but comments like that? But non pros get all the advice in the world! In not trained in EVERY brand ffs... I don't know the ins and outs of every brand

All I wanted to know was could I, as a professional hairdresser purchase Redken products cheaper than RRP. !!!!!!

And the answer is no, im afraid you cant. You need to have an account with redken or pay rrp :)

Hi, Im from the U.S. so I dont know if you have Kerastase there but its the product line I always rave about since it actually repairs while I feel other products act like bandaids. Just my opinion but my clients never went back after trying it.

My opinion dump the tigi it's not a product for damaged hair. Are you styling your hair, what are you using to style? Flat iron, dryer, hot iron, it all takes it's toll on hair. I recommended a protein shampoo and a moisture conditioner to maintain healthily hair. .is it possible you have protein treated to much that will also break your hair off. Hope this helps .

Definatly Kerestase range x

Excuse me for bothering, i wasn't being sharp, i was just stating a fact. I'd like to buy Redken or Purelogy or Joico at trade prices as well but they are only sold to salons, absolutely no need for that response from you thanks.

Come on guys keep it clean. Penners's reply did not warrant the response that was given.

My opinion dump the tigi it's not a product for damaged hair. Are you styling your hair, what are you using to style? Flat iron, dryer, hot iron, it all takes it's toll on hair. I recommended a protein shampoo and a moisture conditioner to maintain healthily hair. .is it possible you have protein treated to much that will also break your hair off. Hope this helps .

My elasticity is very poor so that's why I'm using elasticate...do you think I should stop using it? It was working for a bit until I changed to l'oreal. As I said in my post I'm not using any heat tools, leaving to dry naturally and don't use straighteners, if I do need to blow dry then I use a matrix repairing blow dry cream, thanks for your help :)

Come on guys keep it clean. Penners's reply did not warrant the response that was given.

Well what was with the question mark and the "eek" face. no need for that IMO

Well what was with the question mark and the "eek" face. no need for that IMO

The question mark Lucinda dear was because I was questioning whether I was correct, shocked face because it was my idea of 'oh, what a shame'. Now, grow up!

Last edited:
The question mark Lucinda dear was because I was questioning whether I was correct, shocked face because it was my idea of 'oh, what a shame'. Now, grow up!

Uhmm sorry but not everyone is going to read it how you are saying it in your head are they, grow up....I was asking for advice!

Deleting this thread. Seeing as I cannot ask a question without being redeemed as a dumbass as it seems. This forum sucks

Can't help you with the Redken advice, I have used Kerastase with success. Have you spoken to your consultant with regards to any supplement you can maybe take to help counteract the Topiramate side effects? X

Latest posts

Back