HELP - My Nails are damaged

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiesBB

Reaction score
I have recently had my own gel nails removed as I now run my own beauty business - my nails are seriously damaged - I keep applying oil and nails inc A&E but the nails are split half way down the nail and almost like paper.

My problem is that my hands are now constantly in water or in contact with moisture which is making it worse, any ideas on how to carry on working without damaging my nails any further?

Would really appreciate some help.

Solar oil, solar oil and solar oil :wink2:

Solar oil and keep them as short as possible. Also, wear gloves when you can, ie: doing dishes, housework, etc.

HTH! :)

I would say the best thing to do is to put an overlay back on to protect them.... Is there any reason why you cant wear an overlay? As well as oil...solar oil that is x

I agree. Even if it is just a thin layer of l&p or gel it will help till you grow out, and Solar Oil! :)

Whatever you do, you can't push the river and it is a matter of time you need for your nails to grow out. Solar Oil will of course help condition your dried out nails, but it won't repair the damage. Only time will repair the damage. I'd use Shellac. Although the lasting ability of Shellac is only as good as the nails it is put on, if you keep them short they could grow out with Shellac and look good at the same time. At least with Shellac there will be no further buffing of your nails!!

How did your nails get so damaged? (So much for the "gels are the safer and healthier option" rubbish we hear so much of from clients that have been told this by their gel technician!! Bad technicians damage nails ... bad clients damage nails, no matter what is used on them.)

I was practicing gels on my own nails and when I attended a new course I was not allowed nail enhancements (which I hadn't been told) the tutor made me file them off in 10 minutes. (she wasn't very nice) I actually had to cancel 2 clients that night as my fingers we so sore.

Mine were same after my gel course as we were filing n reapplying buff off gels. I used gelish for a while but as Geeg said about shellac, it's only as good as ur nails n any length made then bendy so the gelish would cum away at the free edge. I then used a little structure gel which just stopped the bending! Much better! It's been 2 months n lots of cuticle oil but they are beginning to look ok again. Ive also bought opi nail envy for thin nails and that's great x

Latest posts

Back