help! nail art polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you... I'll try that. :wink2:

hi,
i'm untrained and never saw a nail tech do actual nail art with the brush, so i was wondering how i can draw maybe a flower on myself? ( i can do line with stripers) it seems that regular nail polish is too runny and i have toapply multiple layers...by the time i'm done with the multiple layers, the petal is now way too thick ( i use OPI nail polish and istill need to apply layers)....then i saw acrylic nail paint, are those better?! and do we use that....also, how do you clean your brushes after these nail paints
hi the best thing to use for doing flowers it a dotting tool you will be able to get hold of one of these from any wholesaler also i use acrylic paint for nail art not polish as the colours are more bold i just buy them from boyes have a huge range of colours from 99p and they also do metallic colours which are 1.50 a bottle hope this helps

have you tried the sets of nail art paints which are made by spangles you can get all sorts of colours and they usually come in sets of four. they are good and you can get little pots if you are just a beginner. nail varnish is the same as nail polish which is what you would use for a base coat. if you have a sallys near you, you can get everything you need for nail art there and they usually do nail art packages which you can buy which is like a starter pack then you top up with extra bits when you need them.
x

the only time I use polish for a design would be to marble .....I have tried to marble with acrylic paints and it looks like poop:eek: so I use polish to get the marble effect......

Latest posts

Back