Help needed to achieve subtle gold blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliana123

Reaction score
Hi

My client’s hair is 100% white but has been colored a L10 gold blonde. Her hair is very fine. She wants a L9 subtle gold / beige blonde similar to the photo attached. I am thinking of using Koleston Perfect 9.0 (natural) 50% + 50% of either 9.73 OR 9.38 with 20 Vol developer.

Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

• Hair Colour - 1 Georgia May Jagger Sept 14.jpg
    Hair Colour - 1 Georgia May Jagger Sept 14.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Possibly 45 MLS 9/0 to 15 MLS of either of the others to look more natural ?

Thanks for that, Elle Bella.

How much root growth does she have? If it's noticeable, you'll have to use a slightly different mix on the root area otherwise you will see an obvious band, especially as you're trying to cover white hair.

I'd only use 3% on the rest as you're darkening tinted hair (no longer white), but also take into account the existing gold tones when formulating your colour. I can't see your client's hair so the gold might be very subtle, but I thought it was worth mentioning. :)

Thanks AcidPerm for your suggestions. My client's roots are about 1/4 inch but her apt is not for 3 weeks yet so will most likely be 1/2 inch when she comes in. Her hair does have quite a lot of gold tones even though its L10. I'll use 3% as you suggested.

I wouldn't use 9/38. Either 9/37 or 9/03 i think would be nicer x

I wouldn't use 9/38. Either 9/37 or 9/03 i think would be nicer x
Thanks for those suggestions Benblonde. I wasn't sure about the 9/38 and I will go with one or the other of your suggestions. Thank you :)

Update: I used 45 MLS 9/0 + 15 MLS 9/03 expecting a natural gold blonde. The result was a harsh gold blonde which the client was not happy with. Client popped into the salon after a few washes and her hair is now a light bright very gold blonde. Has anyone used 9/38 ? Would that produce an even golder blonde mixed in the same ratio with 9/0? I wondered if the pearl would give it a more subdued look. Have never used the gold pearls. Have attached a new photo of goal color. (Client has white roots with the rest of the hair having had a color removal ending up light gold - before last color application). Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• gallery_big_golden-blonde-hair-color.jpg
    gallery_big_golden-blonde-hair-color.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back