help needed... where is your home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have been mobile for just over 12 months and mainly work evenings and occasionally weekends (have three small children) but i know once they are at school i will need to think about working more in the day and less at night (i have heard you mums turn into a taxi for all the after school activities)

Anyway, all my bedrooms are used and we are thinking of having a conservatory next year.... would it be ok to set up my nail table in there when i need to (want air con in there to keep temp constant)? I just can't afford the expense/ space of turning my garage into a nail salon.....

your thoughts would be appreciated!

thanks
xxxxxxx

I have a conservatory, which is south facing. I just found it too hot to work in. My friend has aircon in hers but that was so expensive to run.
Then I switched to mostly gel so it was definitely out of the question.

In the bay window in my living room, which overlooks the garden . . . the living room is the best room, with a lovely fireplace, plants and a couple of sofas, that's all, so although it's not just a salon room, it's not too "domesticated" either. I used to work from the kitchen/dining room but never felt happy really.

thanks for your replies, my living room over looks the garden too, so thats an idea!

yes, i can imagine air con is very expensive especially with prices of elec rising

thanks
any other ideas welcome!

Last edited:
I'm in my conservatory...it's north facing and so does not get overly warm in the summer. I had a ceiling fan & open the large doors so it feels like we are in the garden!

It also doubles as my dining room.

Attachments

• My Salon 011.jpg
    My Salon 011.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,115
  • My Salon 010.jpg
    My Salon 010.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 582
In my house we have a spare bedroom it has a bed in it,wardrobe draws etc but its a very big room nicely decorated with wooden flooring so it does look simular to a salon room i base my treatments in their xx

thank you very much for the replies and pics - what lovely home salons you have!

i think i have more thinking to do hmmmmmmmmmmm!

I used to have mine in my conservertory but ran out of space....its now in a log cabin. When I had it in the conserv I bought a portable air con unit for about £150, and got my dad to fit it for me (you vent it through a wall). I also opened the door in summer...if it wasnt for the fact that I needed more space I would of stayed put in there, it was finexxx:)

Latest posts

Back