help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
ok, i am very new to all this, i have done the 3rd day foundation course, just sitting down to practice on my nail trainer, all going well untill i get my brush out and notice product stuck in the brush!! i have soaked in retention + a little and wiped with paper towel but it is still there!! aarrggghhhh. can anyone give me any advice? as i dont want to play with it too much and ruin it.
sorry guys but i am starting to panic now.
ok deep breath...........................
thank u
xxx

If your brush has gone really solid in one spot, then there is nothing for it but to submerge the hairs (without resting the brush on the tip) in some product remover until it goes sticky. If you have no product remover then ScrubFresh.

Then you will have to be very careful to remove as much as you can using a lint free pad and keep dipping over and over until you have gently removed it all.

Make sure this does not happen again or you will have ruined your brush for good as far as doing enhancements with it is concerned.

The last thing you should do when you have finished your enehancements is to dip into some clean monomer to make sure the brush is clean of any polymer and then squeeze any excess out between paper or a lint free pad before you put it away stored flat in a brush box.

There is a brush called a paddle brush (available from your one stop nail shop) that is only 15 pounds to buy and is a great brush for students. It willnot 'bbreak the bank' if you spoil it, but a 30.00 brush is too expensive to ruin.

Thanks for that Geeg , im going to buy myself a paddle brush as i have ruined my last brush and although i have a new one i dont want to do the same thing. So am saving it for when i stop making silly mistakes. Nice to know how to clean it though if you do kil it

thanks

ok i will give it a go, thankyou. i have creatives product catalogue here and it has a paddle brush in it for £14.95 so i may call and order one, our instructor said if we have our id numb we can order from there?

anyway, thanku again for ur advice, i have def got to take more care of my brush.
xx

scattyfox said:
Thanks for that Geeg , im going to buy myself a paddle brush as i have ruined my last brush and although i have a new one i dont want to do the same thing. So am saving it for when i stop making silly mistakes. Nice to know how to clean it though if you do kil it

thanks

The 'paddle brush' is a cool brush actually and is already flatened for you so you do not need to train it. It is still Kolinsky sable hair and has a wooden handle (not so flash looking but who cares if it is a good brush)??

Latest posts

Back