Help: new client tomorrow: NSS: rebalance or remove

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a new client tomorrow who has been to a NSS and can't stand her nails. I've not seen them yet but had a chat to her over the phone. They sound like they are in ok condition and I have instructed her NOT to remove them. I have assured her we will fix them so she can be happy with her hands, but wonder what I'm going to do.... Has anyone removed these nails before?? How hard were they to get off and did you buff and soak off with acetone?? What method did you use and what works best?

I'm unsure if I want to remove them as I don't know the condition of her natural nail under the enhancement :eek: And scared to remove them to discover that her natural nails have been filed to an inch of their life.... Not only that, I'm concerned about breathining in whatever product they have used! Can some of you tell me what you experienced when you infilled or alternatively did you remove them...

I recall reading a post by Geeg some time back saying that she did an infill and the lady didn't like the colour difference and booked in for a removal and full set. I'm looking for your experiences on what you did - ie removed or infilled and painted with polish
What are my better options? Thanks :hug:

Last edited:
with this sort of thing..I always ask myself...if it was my nails..what would i prefer

As long as they're in decent condition (no lifting etc), I rebalance. Just thin them out as much as you can and work over the top. The main thing to make her aware of is that may be a colour difference between the old product and the new one, but that will grow out as her nails grow out......

IMO, saoking off (which takes agesw btw) can expose the damage caused at the NSS so you're best off leaving it covered and growing it out. What I usually find though is that once a client has seen how nice your product looks compared to the NSS product they will often ask for a soak off and a new set at a future appt!

hth's

I find NSS nails a visious circle to work on , Ive had quite a few , some worse than others..

Firstly the problem I find worse is what do you do when youve got NSS nails with really bad lifting?You dont want to soak off, it needs a hell of alot of filing to get through which worrys me as your working so close to the natural nail ...

Secondly you cant guarantee your product is going to adhere to the MMA ,Ive had a few with this problem , and have just given up and gone and let them grow out...

Thirdly Ive had a client soak them off herself the day before she was coming to me as I advised her soaking off wasnt a good idea , as her nail under neath could be damaged.She said she couldnt bear to look at them anymore and done it her self it took.. two hours.When she came for her appointment the next day ,I done her a new set ,even though her nails were damaged, I pre warned the acrylic may not adhere as acrylic and damaged nails do not mix and do you know.. it took four months for her natural nails to heal up and she was then able to keep my nails on,if youve got a client that can persavere like mine did ,then goodluck.

When ever I get somebody now phone with MMA nails I tell them all the experiences Ive had ,and give them the option of do they still want to make an appointment.But saying that I do know there has been geeks on here that have managed to debulk and infill NNS nails with no problem, unfortunatly I havent had those ones yet.

I would pre warn her of the complications first to cover yorself and see what she wants you to do, then atleast youve warned her.

Id love to know how it goes , goodluck.:hug:

Ooh and Id advise you to wear some gloves too, you may find the MMA dust will irratate your hands the next day, and be prepared for sore arms, they take alot of filing.Id also bin the files after youve used them on the MMA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back