Help..Newbiee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the site, and was wandering if a\nyone would recommend purchasing the essential nail trainer, or the creative nails one, or would it be sufficiant to just buy a plastic hand for £10 to practise on.

I am currently doing my training with creative nail design in merseyside, and would like to purchase a training hand to practise, practise, practise on, I have looked on ebay and see the essential nail and creative hands are going for about £50-£70, I cant really afford that at the moment, but would be willing to pay out if it would serve me better thean the cheaper hand, or is the only diffrence you dont have to soak an buff nails off with the more expensive one iykwim ha ha.

Sorry one more thing, I was also looking at doing the brisa conversion course and the minx, day course would you think it is worth it or would you think I could teach myself. I am currently doing creative foundation 5 and creative spa manicure and pedicure. Thanks guys :)

You will find the training hand a valuable tool while you are learning and years down the line,
once you think you know it all, something new will come along that you will want to try out, whether its a technique or design, and the hand will be so useful for practising this on,
the essential nails one and creatives one are the same hand, i would not bother with the cheap £10 one.

No you would not be able to teach yourself Brisa as it works totally different to the L&P and you would not be insured to use it on paying clients without the training first,
the minx you could possibly learn by yourself but it would take time to get them perfect,
nails is a life long learning cycle and you need to be prepared for this,
none of us do the foundation and that is it, we have geeks on here that have been doing nails for over 20 years but they still take classes to keep up to date with things,
if you are serious about nails then you have to take the education seriously too,
you have made a great start into the industry by choosing the best to train with so keep it up :hug:

Thanks lou, I choose CND as I know of other courses which people I know have been on, and there training does not seem up tp scratch (even though im not a professional, Just my opinion from having my nails done by creative for over 10yrs ha ha)

I cant wait to get practising, I am defo going to do brisa conversion and will also do master class for my minx prob, should do it properley if im going to do it,, thanks for your advise. :)

Latest posts

Back