Help! Orly Gel FX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne72

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this site so would appreciate any advice.
I've recently started doing mobile nails and having problems with my gel polish. I'm using Orly Gel fx and the little pink lamp, however when I wipe the nail after curing the top coat, the polish is coming off onto the pad and off the nail leaving it looking uneven and streaky. Does anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Ok if the colour is coming off that means it isn't cured. So first I'd look at are you using the correct lamp for the system? (I don't use Orly so wouldn't know). Do the bulbs need replacing? Are you curing for the correct amount of time?

Oh and welcome to the site :)

Thank you. :)Yes I'm curing for 40 seconds on each layer but maybe it's the lamp that's the problem? It's a fairly new lamp but it's very cheap.

Do you know if I would have to use the Orly lamp if it's Orly gels I'm using? I was hoping I could use any LED lamp as the Orly ones are really expensive.

Is the lamp uv or led ? If uv then I'm sure you have to cure for longer than 40 secs and more like 120 secs ? It's best to get the orly gel fx lamp so your using the whole system x

Yes it is LED. You're probably right I'll just have to bite the bullet and invest in the Orly lamp.
Thanks for the advice

I think any 36w lamp will do. Yours sounds like it's underpowered.

I've ordered an Orly lamp now which has cost me an arm and leg so if I'm still having problems after that I think I'll give up! Lol. Thanks for the advice though x

The correct lamp can make the difference between service breakdown and long lasting nails. You've made the right decision in my opinion and this should sort your problems :)

I've ordered an Orly lamp now which has cost me an arm and leg so if I'm still having problems after that I think I'll give up! Lol. Thanks for the advice though x
Which orly lamp did you buy? the new five finger cure one (super expensive), or the orly led smart lamp? i too need a new lamp so just wondered how you were getting on x

How thick are you applying each coat? Could it be that your application is too thick?

A really good lamp is the key to gel polish no matter what brand is being used. At the end of the day it's the lamp that's curing the gel. Perhaps invest in a good lamp?

The OP has brought a good lamp now I was just wondering which of the Orly ones they purchased x

I did an orly gel course & I bought an orly lamp & it went on fine but there was a lady there who bought in her own lamp & had the same problem but hers was uv & not led so think that was more of the problem?

You need to cure Orly for at least 3 minutes with an LED LAMP I use a uv and I have to do 30 secs 30 secs then 60 secs for top coat. If it's wiping off then it's not cured correctly. You need a 36 watt lamp to cure Orly too hope this helps xx

I bought 2 orly fx 5 finger cure lamps for my salon best thing ever they are amazing and my staff love them too I use orly There's a few problems u may be having.... My gellux led did not set orly for some reason my cheap home uv lamp did on 3 min cure... Are you only putting prime on the tip as u should with orly ? As advised with orly the coats need to be thin also xx

Latest posts

Back