help paraffin wax and mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamite

Reaction score
Heyo

I have a client tomorrow who wants manicure and pedicure with parafin wax. Problem is that i am mobile and when i place the wax in the car its tricky when driving as i have to melt it before i go to their house. And the wax is too hot! while the top later solidifies!

Does any mobile therapists have any ideas how to overcome this???
xxxxx

Heyo

I have a client tomorrow who wants manicure and pedicure with parafin wax. Problem is that i am mobile and when i place the wax in the car its tricky when driving as i have to melt it before i go to their house. And the wax is too hot! while the top later solidifies!

xxxxx

been there flower - and made a right ole mess of my car, what i did was tightly wrap my unit with cling film, a good few layers too. i turned my wax unit off about 20 mins before i went to clients house, then plug back in once i got there, youll have enough time for the wax to remelt, while you are performing the mani or pedi

hope that helps flower

Heyo

xxxxx
I have a wax pot/paraffin wax pot in one that has a lockable lid.I dont do paraffin wax treatments anymore as find heated mitts/booties far easier.

Sally's do the Hive wax/paraffin pot it's about £65.00 but that was 4 years ago so not sure what it costs now.Also I dont turn off until I go out the door and then I wedge my pot in a box surround by towels to keep upright,this works a treat and dont ever have any problems.HTH

i have found that if you use paraffin wax in pellet or block form it oftens solves this problem as the pellet or block wax melts alot quicker than wax in a tub

you can melt the wax when you get to your clients home

Thanks guys for replying.

Only thing is that the client can be after another client so i dont go home at all between clients. It could mean that the wax is in the car for over 2 or 3 hours, by that time the wax solidifies from the top layer. So before i put the clients hands in i have to make a hole on top as the wax beneath the layer is still liquid.... Such a nightmare.

But do you all go through this???

xxxxx

The other option is to take the wax cold and plug it in when you arrive.

Do the pedicure first leave the wax to heat while you do this, put the parafin wax on the feet just before you do the polish then leave it on during the manicure, making sure you wrap the feet in cling film and a towel to keep warm (by now the wax will be hot enough to turn off and still be warm for the manicure if you do the wax nearer the start, turning it off will give it a chance to cool before you put it in the car).

After you have completed the manicure take the wax off the feet and paint the toe nails (thus giving the hands more time to dry before you finish the toes.)

Or you could just paint it onto the skin therefore controlling the consistancy (althought this can take longer it ensures the wax is not too hot ).

For the future, have a look at the Hive spray paraffin wax system, it's easy to transport and you just spray it on. Perfect for mobile. You can also heat the depilatory wax rollers in it too. I'm using loads at the moment and everyone loves it. Think there was a thread on here recently about it. HTH. x

Its absolutly fabtatstic as you can run both depilitory wax at the same time as parafin wax

Amanda

thanks for all your replies geeks. Really appreciate it! Will look in to the Hive spray wax.
xxxxxx:)

Stampy

I cannot find the Hive Spray system in my hive catalgue. Can you describe me of what it looks like please? Not sure if you mean the Cold Parrafin Treatment???

xxxxx

Latest posts

Back