Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
I have a client coming in for a repair on a gel and tip enhancement. She tells me that the nail has split vertically. What would cause this type of split and how do I avoid it?

Thanks

It sounds to me that it could be 2 things, 1) that gel may not have applied thick enough, or 2) pressure was put on the nail in some way. From my experience I think that it may have been number 2. When the client comes in, ask how/when it happened. Hope this helps.

I've had this happen to myself when I've squeezed the sides of the free edge between my teeth sort of springing the sides together.... verrrrrry bad..... :o and all of a sudden 'crack' :eek: and there you have your verticle split.

Also do a search on tips and cracking... it could be that you exposed the tip to scrubfresh which can lead to cracking of it and if that happens then the foundation will be fragile for the gel..

HTH

Thanks for your speedy responses. My client is a bit of a nail nibbler - these are her first enhancements and her parting words to me were "they feel strange". So your explanation of the "squeeze" by mouth could well be what has happened (I hope it is something so simple anyway). Thanks again

Well there you go.... she's a nibbler! There is no way she's going to resist the temptation to see how far she can squeeze before they 'crack'. Especially if she's not used to them she will 'play' and fiddle with them and they'll probably be in her mouth before she realises.

Have you asked her how it happend?

I haven't asked her yet - am seeing her on Sunday morning as a favour (she is at university and only get the weekends at home, and she works druing the weekend also). But will certainly pose the question to her.

Julie

Mani-fique! said:
Well there you go.... she's a nibbler! There is no way she's going to resist the temptation to see how far she can squeeze before they 'crack'. Especially if she's not used to them she will 'play' and fiddle with them and they'll probably be in her mouth before she realises.

Have you asked her how it happend?

Good, well let us know how you get on

I'd like to add the other possiblility for vertical splits is if the tip has been sized incorrectly. This will add undue pressure and cause it to split. Sam covered this very nicely in a previous thread, have a look through for it.

However, based on what you have described I would be inclined to investigate the munching option first....

Latest posts

Back