Help, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im starting my level 2 in september, its part time 2 evenings a week. I have no experience but i had to go one night for a presentation and to do a trade test and then go back the next week and do an 8 question exam to see if we had learnt what had been taught in the presentation and then redo the trades test to see if we had improved. At another college local to me i enquired and they said i would have to do level one and have to be working as a junior in a salon so i really think it varies from college to college

I feel you should push to start at level 2, I used to teach level 2 and 3 and that training providers opinion was that level 1 was too basic for salon requirements.

Thank you all for these replies! I did speak to the tutor on Thursday, she said she will ask her line manager if I could do a trade test and then do the level 2. So i'm literally waiting until tomorrow and i'm giving her a call back. I've never wanted a weekend to end so quickly. I'm so I'm patient ha :)

Just thought i would update you all. I'm not able to do the level 2 :( but she was very fair it was part of a two year course that had to be completed together and she did offer me to go onto the fast track course for one year in the day. So I'm doing the barbering course which I am still happy with :)

Latest posts

Back