Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadelm

Reaction score
After being persuaded to follow the academic route I left my dreams of being a hairdresser/beautician when I was 16. Three years, four useless a levels and a year of uni debts later I've had enough and I'm finally going to do what I want to do.

One problem.. I'm not living with my parents anymore and I have to work to pay my half of the rent and bills for the apartment I share with my partner in Sheffield... HOW ON EARTH am I going to do the proper training while still earning enough money. From what I've heard apprenticeships pay about £50 which obviously totally isn't enough!!

Any advice anyone could give me would be really really helpful :lol:

Jade xoxox

Business link,
and princes trust some times help out with funding,
some places are offering a free NVQ in nails or beauty, i think there is some where in Doncaster doing this,
can you do a college course for free if your unemployed ?

hth :hug:

I believe that I get to do a college course for free anyway because I am within the 16-19 age margin (I'm not 20 until June next year) but I still need to be earning money to pay the bills.

I'll have a google on the things you suggested though :) cheers x

could you do beauty or hairdressing as an evening class, whilst still working during the day ? X
Posted via Mobile Device

Good thinking I'll google that too!!

Thanks guys.. this stuff seems a bit obvious but when I get stressy my brain doesn't function as it should!! xx

Bless ya x
Posted via Mobile Device

could you do beauty or hairdressing as an evening class, whilst still working during the day ? X
Posted via Mobile Device

I did this, it's bloody hard work but very rewarding :green:

Go for it hun:hug:

You would definately get help with paying for courses if you were unemployed.

Of course being unemployed you could still work 16 hours a week.. Not sure if that would be enough for your share of the bills though!

Definately training in the day/evening & working the other part would be do able at your age & if you are enthusiastic it'll be fun! Good luck

Jane x

Latest posts

Back