Help Pls - Club Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Hi there

I wonder if anyone could advise me? I recently had a lady call me to make an gel overlay appointment. She told me that she had "club nails" and could not wear the stick on variety and would like me to overlay her nails with gel.

I could not find "club nails" in my Nail Encyclopedia book (maybe it is under a medical name) but would like someone to advise me if it is possible to carry out an overlay on this person.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
EOB

OK, I'm trying to remember from my nursing days about this. I seem to recall that clubbed nails can be a sign of cardiac and or respiratory problems. In your position I would ask for a GPs note before proceeding with any kind of overlay...

Club nails happen when the tips of the fingers enlarge and the nails become extremely curved from front to back. It results from chronic low blood-oxygen levels and is often associated with cystic fibrosis, congenital cyanotic heart disease, and several other diseases - so make sure you get her to sign a disclaimer xx

Clubbing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
here's an explanation and a pic for you.
you might find cos of the shape it will be difficult to fit a tip so sculpt ?might be a problem building an apex as may not be in the typical place but good luck and let us know

Latest posts

Back